Gearing chart

X

On the gear chart, there is an X where 23/39 intersect.Does this mean you cant use this combo for some reason ? You cant use any combinations where there is an X ?? I cant figure out why you wouldn't be able to use these.When in the tech section. yammie uses 23/39 on his 800 improver? or is that a typing error? Thanks.

The service manual says not to use any of the combinations with the "X" in the box, but doesn't give any explanation why. I don't know if the 23/39 is a typo, but Tony has done a lot of experimenting with his setups and may have found something that works. My '93 service manual also states that I should have 20/33 66 link chain as standard equipment, but when I took it apart the first time I found 22/35 68 link chain. Apparently they didn't all come the same from the factory. Many years ago I talked to Goodwin Performance about gearing my sled 24/33 68 link and they wouldn't sell me the gears. They said a Yamaha tech told them that the sled wouldn't have enough power to get moving with that gear ratio. :confused::confused::confused:

Shark

wtf??? I've had my 93-stock up to the 118~120 mark
That doesn't sound stock?...
And wouldnt the top speed be different for the 800 with it's higher rev lim than the 750's?

118-120 on the speedo or on radar? At that speed, your speedo will be off due to track slippage and read faster than you're actually running.

Shark

Back