Good peformance buy

Silver Talon

What would be a good sled to look for in something like an srx or viper or something to pick up as a second sled? Want something fast like the max, but something used for not alot of cash like a new one. 99 up srx's and the like. What would you guys recomend?

SXR 700,Good all around trailable sled with good power and suspension.Add pipes and PROPER JETTING :rockon: well you get the point.No power valves to adjust,simple regular maintinence.
Viper and SRX have the valves,The SRX 700 well just plain fast in the right setup has shorter travel susp if I'm not mistaken,Viper fast too SETUP RITE!!!

Hope you got some info

The Vipers have more updated and lengthy travel suspensions with virtualy the same motor,I could be wrong on the motor but they are both power valved.
I'm supprised no one else has replyed to this,You could visit TY site and pose the same question.

:rockon:

I have a Viper and I'm happy with it. When the Viper was new the my Vmax-4 would walk all over it. I made a few minor changes to the Viper and it's now a good race. Viper gets excellent fuel mileage and is an all around good sled on my opinion.

we have aviper in our area thats been well set up and kicks but on the 1000 in canada when u go to a drag races u will see 150 sleds, take a count and u will see about 10 yamahas out of the bunch at the end of the day u,ll see about 5 of them finish in the top 4 , when set up right they are unbeatable, when i was snow crossing in the late 80s i was kicking buts in the open class with a modified 84 phazer beating the formula plus skidoos and the 650 indys, when the race was done they were coming to see what i had under the hood lol i,d be finishing in the top 4 out of 10 sleds in the open

allarson said:
we have aviper in our area thats been well set up and kicks but on the 1000 in canada when u go to a drag races u will see 150 sleds, take a count and u will see about 10 yamahas out of the bunch at the end of the day u,ll see about 5 of them finish in the top 4 , when set up right they are unbeatable, when i was snow crossing in the late 80s i was kicking buts in the open class with a modified 84 phazer beating the formula plus skidoos and the 650 indys, when the race was done they were coming to see what i had under the hood lol i,d be finishing in the top 4 out of 10 sleds in the open

how do 5 people finish in top 4 ? :$

allarson.... What were some of the races you raced at in the 80s.I raced with NWSA in Alberta in the 80s with a mod 540 vmax.I also ran the grass and ice drag circuit thru the 90s with my vmax 4. One of the last grass events I ever raced at was at Capital raceway in Edmonton.I Might have even raced against you back then. I was one of the "Fort Mcmurray" boys.

holly grape thats crazy i was a member 2 i was doing snow cross and the last 2 years i bought 1 of evert backus sleds to run in the 56 certified hp class i allso had a 250 mod which i run 1 year. yes i was in fort mac to so i probley would know u to see, i know ken benson, russle liba, kenny adaire, bill cole, one of our members passed away from cancer was well like oh ya it was denise clark u may know him, it would have been 87, 88, 89, 90, darrel kusma was in the snow cross 2 i actually started working were darrel work in saint paul at extreme tecnology , what part of the country u in now. leave me ur ph# i,will call u 1 day Alden

ya i see bc have to make a trip this winter with the big max do some sleeding got to go to birthday party catch u later

Last edited by a moderator:

Back