Hangar queen picture.........

870...........it hasn't been in the snow since 1985!!! No kidding. I've had it for years. Bought it with a blown engine. I've rebuilt the engine, but still haven't dropped it back in the sled. One of these days......

vmax84

I went down to Chicago years ago and picked this sled up. The circlip holding the wrist pin somehow had come loose in one of the cylinders and gouged the cylinder. Two real nice groozes going up and down on the inside of the cylinder. I also noticed when I took the engine apart the stator plate was cracked, or had basicall broken in a couple spots. Why all this happened, or how, I do not know.

So, I totally went thru the engine, took the crank into the yamaha dealer and they said it was fine, put the lower end back together, picked up another stator plate for it, and that's about where I sit with it now.

It still needs lots of everything. Guy I bought it from said it was last on the snow in 85. The thing broke in 1985, and he simply put the sled in the back of his machine shop and thru a tarp over it for years. I think I've had this sled for pushing 10 years now. I know it's a crime not doing something with it, but one of these days, I will. Like I said, it needs a lot of everything......suspension gone thru, many new idler wheels, gas tank pulled and flushed, etc. I keep putting off working on it. My kids are getting bigger, and the Ovation, Skidoo Blizzard, Snosport, and the Skidoo Touring E I just picked up need a lot less work, and work to keep going, then the old Vmax.

But, one of these days, I'll get it running again.

vmax84

Providing the trails are smooth, I still like running this old girl. Gotta get a coat of paint on the skis. I guess I just like older stuff and enjoy tinkering with them.

vmax84

Back