Hauk Performance 880 Kit

Kenneth205

I have a 1995 800 with 6K on it. It is getting hard to start and power was falling off last year or I am just getting used to it. I wanted to know about this kit and what gives theese sleds the most bang for the buck? My engine is stock the only work I have done is clutching. When I have the bullet apart I am planning on taking care of those crank seals and indexing and welding the cranks. How about the Reeds Ver Reed Cage Assy and the 38mm carbs ouch how much compression can I get away without having durability concerns. Thanks in Advance
Ken

hauck performance is great. thats where i am getting my carbs and clutch kit from. if i had the money, big bore kit would already be in. but not too far away.

changes the rings

I have a 1995 800 with 6K on it. It is getting hard to start and power was falling off last year or I am just getting used to it. I wanted to know about this kit and what gives theese sleds the most bang for the buck? My engine is stock the only work I have done is clutching. When I have the bullet apart I am planning on taking care of those crank seals and indexing and welding the cranks. How about the Reeds Ver Reed Cage Assy and the 38mm carbs ouch how much compression can I get away without having durability concerns. Thanks in Advance
Ken

I ran a 880 for a few years. They use single ring weisco prolite pistons. When mine got hard to start it was because the rings were tired. Rings are cheap. Give that a try.

Pat and Casey at Hauck Power Sports in Rice Lake, WI have a great track record with the Vmax-4. I had an 880cc kit at one time, great kit. Pat advertises the kit at 185 h.p., but I've had multiple conversations with him and its more like 165 h.p. with stock 800cc Pipes and Y-Pipes. I believe the kit for the 800cc triple port cylinders is around $3200 with cylinder exchange, plus around $400 for their clutch kit and $150 more for carbon fiber reeds. If you 180 the crank then you will need to locate an RPC CDI box w/ correct chip (typically another $200-$400 to find used box), this mod is only good if you plan to run quad pipes with 180 degree crank indexing. Nice kit for a good bump up over the stock 791cc displacement.

I think you don't get a lot of responses to this question because there a lot of "Secret" big bores out there! I had a Hauck "880" kit in one of my Mod VMAX4s[my kit was actually 866cc]. I did my own heads and some other tricks as well, I ran Howler pipes, high RPM ignition, TMX 38s, welded cranks...ect. That sled was absolutely bullit proof for drag racing! You don't have to go to 180 degrees on the 800 cranks but if you are going to run it with the Howler mod pipes[10200RPM + for racing ONLY!] I would get the cranks checked and welded! Hauck knows these sleds and fortunately still provides perf parts because since Tim is long gone from Benders they are basically the only supplier. If you are going for high perf trail riding with the big bore try to get a set on Bender quads...I had a set of these back in the day and they work VERY well!
JM.02c

Been trying to chime in for awhile now on this one but my computor has a problem with this web site..Had alot of BB over the years.The best I ever had was a 880 w/ 8Bu cylinders from Hauck.I used Aaen "trail" quads,bored stock carbs to 35.5,180 firing etc.The fastest BB I ever had.I beat alot of good sleds by Lanzi's with this..It was also long tracked to keep the front end down..Also had a 92 w/ a Bender big bore. It ran ok but did not have the power of the Hauck 880..Also had a Hauck 920.Not as fast as the 880...All these big bores had fast trail/lake race porting..Also a good welded 750 bottom end works better for racing than a 800 bottom end..But who realy wants to trail ride a 880..I f you want to do just trails get an old Phazer,great fuel mileage..!! I f you need more info call me (201)394-7893..

I have been running Pat's BB 880 in my 95 and love it. Aaen quads, Stock bore carbs, carbon fiber reeds, etc. Jetting is conservitive. I know there is more HP available with a few minor changes, but it runs soooo good...

Mine does have prolights with single ring as mentioned above.

If you should go with Hauck's 880 you won't be disappointed :653:

I have been running Pat's BB 880 in my 95 and love it. Aaen quads, Stock bore carbs, carbon fiber reeds, etc. Jetting is conservitive. I know there is more HP available with a few minor changes, but it runs soooo good...

Mine does have prolights with single ring as mentioned above.

If you should go with Hauck's 880 you won't be disappointed :653:

Yo Jeff
Where the hell you been? Time for a couple of cold ones, gimme a call

Picked up a '95 800 that the owner says it has a Reichard 880 BB in it...anyone have any info on that? They're not in business anymore and can't find any info/dyno on it

Piston to hauck 880 kit.

Hi.
first of all, sorry for my bad english. mi from norway.
i bought a 92 v-max 4 a couple of years a go..
it was newbuilt with the 880 hauck kit then.. I drove it about 50 miles before it stopped..
Now i need a new piston..i ordered this from hauck, but they are empty, and they are so expensive to make that they font want to order new from wiseco before they have 12 orders..

I wonder if enyone have an unused piston for the 880 kit to sell?

if i order 12 pistons from hauck it would cost me about 4-5000 dollar with the tax to norway.. :(

thats to to much for me..

Back