High Idle with PSI pipes

ScreaminEagle

I'm hoping for some help...I installed a set of PSI quad pipes the other day on my 95 800 and now it idles at 4000RPM. I installed 145 mains but left the rest of the carbs stock. Also installed a set of VForce reeds from my other sled. It runs great but cant' get the idles to come down to a reasonable 2-3000RPM. Also it starts hard. Before the install the sled started on 2 pulls max and idled at about 2,500RPM...any ideas out there? They are the PSI Modblaster pipes 1 1/8 outlet

so you`ve backed off the idle adjustment, and the rpm does`nt lower at all?
I agree with the above, an air leak, can cause a high idle..

Were you real carefull when you replaced your jets, so as not to bend a float?

no, it didnt come with spacers....are they required?...do they help? The guy I bought the pipes from had a 920 Hauck motor laying around and said the spacers are for higher RPM.

don't think so,have another set of carbs that I threw in and it does the same thing...going to pull the pipes off and put the stock reeds,jets and pipes back on...then goin to sell it. Will have pics later. Thanks for all the help

Well dang....no need in giving up so quick?
I`m sure we can get this thing figured out!!!

it`d be well worth it, when ts ready to roll!!

AL P

no, it didnt come with spacers....are they required?...do they help? The guy I bought the pipes from had a 920 Hauck motor laying around and said the spacers are for higher RPM.

Not sure what version Vforce you have but I have the 3's and you must use the spacers or the reeds scrape the sides of the housing.

I personally would put the stock reeds on with the quad pipes, see if that fixed your issues. If it does then I would get the spacers for the vforce3 reeds, put them on and see how it goes from there.

Eric

stock reeds back on...purrs like a ...well with these pipes kind of growls lol...runs great...going to take it for a run then put the stock pipes with the Bender stingers back on...will post pics and hopefully a video or 2...then lookin to sell, have another '95 for a project sled. I think it did need the spacers to run those reeds...starts much easier.

Glad to hear you got it running good..too bad you don`t keep it for a spare if nothing else..

where abouts are you located?

AL P

Back