I Made Choice

Mad Powersports

Valued Sponsor
I Made The Choice

Well I made the decision to try my luck in the racing circuit. I just purchased a 2005 Yamaha RX1 Improved Stock, completely ISR legal turn key sled that was Hauck built from the cases out. I also got another Vmax4. A 1992 with under a 1,000 miles.

Now I can race prep my other 92 Vmax4 and have a sweet looking trail sled to boot.

Anywho, I need to check the board yet, but does anyone have any info on ISR circuit and how to get started? My son and I would like to stick with Wisconsin races.

btw, pics coming :653:

Last edited:

best of luck with that u will have a blast it can be addicting and ur boy with u for sure he will get a blast out of that and having said that it keeps the kids out off trouble and some of ur best friends will come from sled races. trust me i,ve started in the late 80s and i,m now back 2 it a gain this time bigger and better or should we say wiser allso getting my oldest involved AL

Well, it was a long day but she is in the shop. It one of Jack Henricks sleds. I guess from what I hear it actually holds (or broke) some records. I can't seem to find any video or anything on it though.

pa211319dn3.jpg

I have a few pics but seem to be plagued with the photo upload gremlins right now.

Is anyone familiar with Henricks racing? I would really like to know the history on this machine.

:2argue: :4fzfo8: You know, for bench racing purposes.

Hey Fleetman, nice find...should be a blast for you this winter! Jack switches sleds like most people change their underwear, LOL but good for him!

Are you looking to do "ISR" 1000' speed runs or "ISR" 660' ice drags? I don't think you'll find anything for "ISR" ice drags in Wisconsin at all, as it has unfortunatelly died. Your best bet is COSDRA in Michigan if you don't mind the 10 hour drive to get to the races, as COSDRA is the top promotion for drags "grass/ice" and they have seperated their rules from ISR.

If your looking for "ISR sanctioned" 1000' speed runs, then the re-born NSSR is the only promotion in snowmobiling for that, with dedicated 4-stroke classes. Most of the races are around the outer Twin Cities area starting January 14th...I believe they are running around 6-7 races this winter.

in NSSR you would be placed in the "Improved Stock 4-Stroke" class which actually allows the sled to use a "power-adder" such as nitrous or turbo/supercharger, but the sled must weigh a minimum of 818 pounds with the driver in full gear. Your sled was at the Annandale speed run last February, but I don't know of it setting any records there...maybe that was done in drags. Here are the current NSSR 4-Stroke 1000' World Records:

Four Stroke Imp. Stk.....
Shanon Disch w/ '04 Simmon's CPR Turbo Warrior 138.019 mph in 1000'

Four Stroke Stock (3 cyl.)....
TJ Henricks w/ Yamaha Nytro 96.xxx mph in 1000'

If you would like more speed run info. visit www.racenssr.com or just drop me a PM, would be glad to help you out!

quadzillaracer said:
Hey Fleetman, nice find...should be a blast for you this winter! Jack switches sleds like most people change their underwear, LOL but good for him!

Are you looking to do "ISR" 1000' speed runs or "ISR" 660' ice drags? I don't think you'll find anything for "ISR" ice drags in Wisconsin at all, as it has unfortunatelly died. Your best bet is COSDRA in Michigan if you don't mind the 10 hour drive to get to the races, as COSDRA is the top promotion for drags "grass/ice" and they have seperated their rules from ISR.

If your looking for "ISR sanctioned" 1000' speed runs, then the re-born NSSR is the only promotion in snowmobiling for that, with dedicated 4-stroke classes. Most of the races are around the outer Twin Cities area starting January 14th...I believe they are running around 6-7 races this winter.

in NSSR you would be placed in the "Improved Stock 4-Stroke" class which actually allows the sled to use a "power-adder" such as nitrous or turbo/supercharger, but the sled must weigh a minimum of 818 pounds with the driver in full gear. Your sled was at the Annandale speed run last February, but I don't know of it setting any records there...maybe that was done in drags. Here are the current NSSR 4-Stroke 1000' World Records:

Four Stroke Imp. Stk.....
Shanon Disch w/ '04 Simmon's CPR Turbo Warrior 138.019 mph in 1000'

Four Stroke Stock (3 cyl.)....
TJ Henricks w/ Yamaha Nytro 96.xxx mph in 1000'

If you would like more speed run info. visit www.racenssr.com or just drop me a PM, would be glad to help you out!

Excellent, I will check that stuff out and get a hold of you via this thread or pm's.

Now I need to unload my latest find and then start twistin some wrenches to pay for all these toys

pa211321uj9.jpg

Now your next hard decision will be if you want to do 660' ice drags or 1000' speed runs.

I have yet to see any sled that can do both to its full potential, to many different factors from clutching, gearing, picks, suspension setup and on and on....... We will be at all the NSSR speed runs this season weather permitting, be glad to meet up with you or give you a hand if needed.

Jacks ran the last 3 or 4 years in Hortonville, I think I've seen that sled. He bought 1 of Pagel's sleds (I think the 800) and I don't think he's with Simon's anymore. Good luck, Fleetman! (No radar run this year, they drained the lake.)

The guy (Chad) I bought it from said it was setup for 1,000 feet. I haven't dug under the hood at alll yet so I don't know anything about gearing and such yet. Just exterior cleanup today. Actually cleaned up real well. I think I should make a couple of those NSSR runs. Won't be like last year with the SX. That was embarrasing. I kinda knew that was going to happen but wtf hang it out. That sled now has 144 studs. Not again!

Ya, I know they drained the mill pond, but for what reason is beyond me. Oh well, there must be other events locally.

I did check the NSSR site. I saw they had like 6 or 7 races scheduled. Too bad there mostly in MN.

I think someone better "Stop me before I buy again!!". :frech32: I can't even get the van in the garage now.

pa211347rs0.jpg

btw. I talked to Pat briefly today and he remembers this sled. Apparently Jack stuck a chunk of change into this ride. Pat said it was 180hp when it went out the door. Custom just about everything under the hood. I know just by a quick looky see I don't see many stock parts. I doooo like the smell of that race fuel. Oh Ya Baby!

Last edited:
fleet man said:
The guy (Chad) I bought it from said it was setup for 1,000 feet. I haven't dug under the hood at alll yet so I don't know anything about gearing and such yet. Just exterior cleanup today. Actually cleaned up real well. I think I should make a couple of those NSSR runs. Won't be like last year with the SX. That was embarrasing. I kinda knew that was going to happen but wtf hang it out. That sled now has 144 studs. Not again!

Ya, I know they drained the mill pond, but for what reason is beyond me. Oh well, there must be other events locally.

I did check the NSSR site. I saw they had like 6 or 7 races scheduled. Too bad there mostly in MN.

I think someone better "Stop me before I buy again!!". I can't even :frech32:get the van in the garage now.

pa211347rs0.jpg

Great problem, isn't it??? hehe

Fleetman, if you could run your nitrous setup with a generous shot of the juice to get yourself from 180 h.p. up to around 210-220, I'd think you should run around the 125 mph "range" in 1000' on a shaved NSSR track. That would be a very competitive speed in the Imp. Stk. 4-Stroke Class as most of the sleds in that class range from 105-120 mph in 1000'. That 138.xxx mph Simmon's CPR Warrior sled is just the record holder, doesn't mean everybody runs 130's in that class, hope you'll mark a few dates on the calander.

NSSR draws a big spectator/racer crowd as compared to your backyard "radar runs". If you can place 1,2,or 3 in your respective class at an NSSR event than you are at the top of the game and have much to be proud of!

I talked to NSSR owner Ron Bray on Monday and it sounds like the '09 season will be huge as his phone has been ringing with guys planning coming to race, as many guys got hooked from the Annandale, MN race last February. Everyone tried their best to promote that race and it paid off with racers coming as far as Illinois and Ohio, the records fell that day!

You'll have a blast Fleetman!

quadzillaracer said:
Fleetman, if you could run your nitrous setup with a generous shot of the juice to get yourself from 180 h.p. up to around 210-220, I'd think you should run around the 125 mph "range" in 1000' on a shaved NSSR track. That would be a very competitive speed in the Imp. Stk. 4-Stroke Class as most of the sleds in that class range from 105-120 mph in 1000'. That 138.xxx mph Simmon's CPR Warrior sled is just the record holder, doesn't mean everybody runs 130's in that class, hope you'll mark a few dates on the calander.

NSSR draws a big spectator/racer crowd as compared to your backyard "radar runs". If you can place 1,2,or 3 in your respective class at an NSSR event than you are at the top of the game and have much to be proud of!

I talked to NSSR owner Ron Bray on Monday and it sounds like the '09 season will be huge as his phone has been ringing with guys planning coming to race, as many guys got hooked from the Annandale, MN race last February. Everyone tried their best to promote that race and it paid off with racers coming as far as Illinois and Ohio, the records fell that day!

You'll have a blast Fleetman!

Quad, The more I think about this the bigger my chubby gets. This is a quote from the guy I bought it from. I'm gonna do it!! If I at least have half a chance it is worth it just for the thrill

"This sled is completely ISR legal for grass and ice dragging and is a ripper. Full Hauck built engine ($4500 + labor) from the cases up putting horsepower above the 180 level. Pat built this engine himself for the racer I purchased it from. Has custom factory racing Yamaha 13k ignition, custom cases, crank, rods, hi-comp pistons, heads, valves, cams, etc. Also has a nice Holtzman Engineering nitrous kit that throws another 100hp at the engine. The nitrous was used once for the final ice drag last spring. The sled is completely turn-key and was built right. Runs on 110 octane or better. Comes with factory suspension that has been setup to lower the sled and has a rear aluminum tunnel enclosure as well. Custom speedtrack with 192 ice picks and extra idlers added as the slides have been removed. This sled won it's class at Hayday's last year in Improved Stock 600 and took second in Improved Stock 700 at just under 90mph on the grass. The sled is currently setup for 1000' ice drags and should still be dialed in for optimum results, however it did run 138.6mph in 1000' with the nitrous last spring. With a little fine tuning, this should be a 140 class sled."

I only weigh about 150 soaking wet so that may be to my advantage also. All I need is a bottle and she can have a snort. There is an extra electric fuel pump to add the extra gas too

I"m PUMPED!!! :rockon: :rockon:

Whooo...140 mph in 1000' could be a strong feet to conquer with 280 h.p. (considering 100+ shot of N20) and the fact that your sled w/ driver will need to weigh 800 pounds total to compete in the 4-Stroke I.S. class.

I know the Pro Stock 1000cc class guys are 625 pounds max w/ driver and push around 275 h.p. and they average around 138-141 mph in 1000', but you'll be 175 pounds heavier, take about 400 h.p. @ 800 pounds to push that sled into 140 range...but hey give it your best shot. I'd say 128-130 @ 280 h.p. would be a very proud achievement, indeed!

Also for more comparison the I.S. 1000cc 2-stroke class has the same engines around that 260-275 h.p. range but they must weigh 750 pounds with driver and they typically average 127 to 131 mph range in 1000' and these sleds are dialed in to perfection.

Fleetman, check out the forum on www.racenssr.com they just added more rules for 2009 and 4-stroke items that will pertain to you. Regardless, give it a strong shot...I guarantee you'll be hooked from the first race.

I'm already hooked ! Ya, I thought that 140 speed was a bold statement.

Talk is cheap and it won't buy good whiskey. Sure sparked my interest though.

I'm going to check those rules out. I perused that site a little already. There are a lot of rules a guy needs to meet but I think most of the work is done for me already. Would you be willing to take a looky see at it when we get some snow? We could meet up at a race somewhere. I don't want to go into the first race blind. I want to do some testing first. A few opinions from others are always helpful.

Absolutely, Fleetman...they even have a seperate track next to the pro track with timer setup and shaved ice, they are trophy classes only and no tech enforced but you can see where you stand there and compare to your class. Read those rules very carefully, I'm sure your sled is close to ISR legal if its already been there but speed runs are a complete 180 from ice drags, regardless what you may here, totally different setups and techniques, but you should have a strong start...I'd get that thing on an acurate digital platform scale with you on it for starterss, that way you'll now if your heavy or light for you class. I believe you will need to be 818# minimum wet weight w/ driver.

Back