Ignition question

Trying2

I have been looking into ripping out the stock ignition and putting in a lost ignition from MSD. My question is there anyone else out there who done this and is there a large HP increase. What would be the best part numbers for the coils and ignition boxes and i hear that it is quite a job to find the right ignition cure set up. I need some advice and help on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur stock ignition works very well and would,ent change any thing unless ur running large rpm like 10,200 and thats only going 2 be for race application. u got pipes reeds, and some porting is all u really need for relibility. ur carb riffle bore or tmx 38 flat slide work very well. do ur holtzman temp control for ur jetting and never mess with jets again leave ur stock air box on just gut it. mount the holtzman air temp unit in the air box and hook into ur air circuit on the carbs.

Thanks for the in put. I was just wondering how much more HP is unleashed from these engines by eliminating the weight of the flywheel mag. I am setting this machine up for drag racing only. I was very competive last year with my 1992 and now i am building a 1993. I am looking at trying to max out the HP in this motor in every way possible.

i was thinking about a coil on plug set up.. we've ran them on quads before and it made quite a difference... there only 2 wire and about $40 a peice from ford. the spark difference was unbelievable(huge blue spark)..the bike performed better and started better and burned way cleaner even with rich jetting...once i get mine done i might try it out..

i was thinking about a coil on plug set up.. we've ran them on quads before and it made quite a difference... there only 2 wire and about $40 a peice from ford. the spark difference was unbelievable(huge blue spark)..the bike performed better and started better and burned way cleaner even with rich jetting...once i get mine done i might try it out..

Interesting. My Dodge Dakota has the direct ignition coils on top of each spark plug too. I just priced them on autopartsgiant, yikes $77 each, and I have 8 of them.

Do they make any that are not so long/tall? I've only seen the ones on my truck and they are pretty tall. The one in jayman54's link look like they are pretty tall too. I think for a snowmobile application you would want something a little more compact.

why dont u use the nology hot wires they wire in to ur stock coils they have built in capatators which rerleases 300 times the oringinal stock spark i use them they work u get from thunder products

Back