Improvements for a 2000 SRX

03rx1jim

Greetings,

I have a 2000 SRX with 11,000 troublefree miles on it. I love this sled, it will definitely stay in my small fleet of Yamaha sleds. I am thinking of putting in a set of V-Force reeds and reed spacers to get a little more power. I am also thinking of replacing the stock track with a Camoplast IceRipper track (1.25" lug ripsaw track with the molded in studs). Any opinions on these modifications? I am pretty sure the new track will improve the overall traction in loose snow conditions but do not know if the 1.25" high lug track will fit. What other engine mods should I consider without killing the reliability? Cold air intake kit? I removed the stock silencer and put a Bender can on it. Thanks!!!

Stick with the stock reeds. The V-Force do make a SLIGHT amount of power, but the gain is not worth the money, and they chip and break fairly frequently on the SRX's. If you are looking for more performance, the best bang for your buck on an SRX is trail porting. You will not lose any reliability with trail porting, and you will also probably not notice a loss in fuel mileage.

Jim, the best place for info on the SRX's is www.totallyamaha.net
Check it out. You can search and find all of your answers there.

Back