in dire need of a 1994 yamaha vmax 600 clutch

axlracing

i need a clutch bad sled aint moving till i get one i found a new one for somewhere around $600 but thats not going to happen. the clutch has to be from a 94vmax 600 or vmax 500 , becuse 1995 and up changed to a new style clutch thanks Jason

primary or secondary? let me know which, and I`ll keep an eye out for one, while cruising ebay, craigslist etc.

AL P

you can use the one off a 95-96 also i did with my 94 500 and it ran great with no problems

i dont know how i have a 95 clutch here and it is totally different than my 94 but it did go on the shaft, but the bolt that holds it on would only grab about 2 or 3 threads??????

Last edited:
If you have a secondary off of a 95-96 sled that will work great but, you need a longer bolt and longer spacer, if you want the part numbers I could look it up they made a kit to retro fit this back in 95, or, use 2 of the short spacers and just find the correct length bolt.

yeah i put it on and the bolt was very short only grabbed a couple of threads i quess i just dont know what to do i could take the spacers out of the back and that would gain me some room for the bolt but how do i align the clutches the more spacers i take out the further back that clutch is going to move?

Well you need to align the clutches but the bolt and spaver will never work, use 2 spacers and the right bolt unless you want the numbers for the right parts

when u say use two spacers do i want me to just keep two spacers on the shaft, because there is two spacers on the shaft right now and the end of the clutch is not past the end of the shaft right now, with my 94 clutch the bolt tightens down on the shaft right now the bolt tightens down on the clutch

Hey. I dug thru my ice cream pale of bolts and believe I found everything you'll need to put this together. If you want I have nothing going on tomorrow and could take a ride up with the bolt, spacers and washers that came of the 94. Either PM me or call or I'll call in the morning if I dont' hear from you. Here is a pic of what i believe what you need.

Attachments

• Picture 1124.jpg
    Picture 1124.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
No that thick spacer that is around the bolt, you need two of them, a longer bolt, and shim theh clutch correctly

The bolt from the kit is a 90105=14754=00 and the spacer is a 90387=1405J=00 I looked but I do not have any left to measure.

Back