Installing skid, what happend?

Hello-

I am in the proccess of installing a 96 xt skid in my 92 vmax 750-4.

I carefully measured all holes and drilled accordingly.

I "dry fit" the skid in the tunnel and everything worked smoothly.

I now installed the track and cannot get the holes to line up with the mounts on the skid.

The rear bogie wheels are off and it is still impossible to line everything up.

I drilled the tunnel exactly like the 96 xt that the skid came off of.

It seems like the track is to short now?? I dont get it?

Any help would be greatly appriciated,

Thanks

Jeremy

make sure your track is loosened right off, i found it easier to only have the sled about a foot off the ground in the back. they r a bugger to get lined up

OKay, so i have removed the rear adjustment wheels and have the skid in the sled bolted tightly. But now I cannot re-install the the rear wheels??

How new is the track? New ones fit very tightly and it will seem like they will never work until they stretch our a bit. Also, make sure the drive cogs are seated in the track and the drive nipples on the track arent sitting on the teeth instead of inside them.
also, you have a pm yellow

Center of drive axle back and top of tunnel down measurements need to be the same for the mountiong holes.

Driver diameter needs to be the same or compensated for.

Track length needs to be the same or compensated for.

If you have all the right it should fit.

If it doesn't fit you have something wrong.

Recheck everything.

Pics would help too.

opsled

are you using a tiedown strap to collapse the suspension some? i find that useful.. put front bolts in, put a block under the track and slowly drop the chassis down and line up hole..might have to adjust how much you collapse suspension... not removing suspensions much makes it a little challanging

Do you have the rear adjuster bolts turned all the way forward? If the sled that the skid came off had an older stretched track, they might be adjusted out to make up for the slop. I might try adjusting them all the way forward and see if the back wheels will fit.

Shark

I had the advantage of a lift an tranny jack but this might do the trick for you. Start the front bolts first then try lifting the rear of the sled with some jackstands on the grab bar have a buddy sit on the sled to put some weight on it then use a floor jack to raise the skid into place i think that fron shock is not compressed and might be giving you problems

I find loosening the bolt in the bottom of the transfer rods helps things line up. It's been a while. Can't remember if I also use the rachet strap.

Back