jets for 750 with 800 pipes

1grindking

im puttin 800 pipes on my 750 & not sure where to start with my jets iv herd vmax4s are jetted rich when stock so when i put the new pipes on can i leen out the stock 800 jets right off the bat & what size is stock 800 jets & what size should i put in i know the stock jet specks are on this site but not sure if i can leen it out a little safely when i install 800 pipes on the 750 thanks i have spent hrs reserchin this subject but still not sure what siz to start with im sure there is some1 out here that can answer this simple question off the top of your heads i"ll probly be clutchin soon after or posably at the same time but i have the pipes i need the jets & havent started lookin for the clutching but iv seen yammigods set up

Last edited:

do you know for SURE if your gas has ethanol in it?
if it does, ethanol is an oxygenated fuel...which in effect, will make a sled run leaner today on gas with ethanol, then it did back when there was no ethanol in the gas..

so really..if you do have ethanol in your gas, then the stock jetting that used to be a bit rich back in the day on regular gas, will be a tad bit leaner now..

to be safe, if it were me I`d start out with 800 jetted either way..especially if your gas does have ethanol in it..

thanks al i feel much better knowin that & it will probly be nxt fall when i do the change any way but its always good to know ahead oftime & i just found out i cant make the wheene roast cuz i have to wrk i put in for days off like two months ago but no dice!!!
:cussing:

Im putting a set on my '93 750 tonight, I plan to use 140's as mains to start with. after talking with several people who have done this and have kept stock 750 jetting and have had no problems, I figured Id go bigger and try a plug chop and see what happens The gas I get only has 5% ethanol so not much there to lean it out. I'll have it out tomorrow for a spin and see what happens unless we get rained on, which seems very likely.

You guys better be carefull, Putting those 800 pipes on a 750 will give you a nasty lean midrange and have you wondering why you melted down at half throttle on the trail.You will need the 800 needles.

i love this site gr8 info im in sothern mn. & also ride in northern wi. & hope to get out to the UP mi. once in a while so i think there all bout the same altitude ?

You guys better be carefull, Putting those 800 pipes on a 750 will give you a nasty lean midrange and have you wondering why you melted down at half throttle on the trail.You will need the 800 needles.

Excellent info fastmax..

I have a 94 with 96 800 pipes on it. I run stock jetting from the 96 800. Runs strong. It was lean as He** with the stock 94 jetting. I didn't change needles,but haven't had a problem,but I don't run the lakes WOT for miles ether.

Mark

Back