Just BOUGHT a 96 vmax 4 800 with 500 original miles,,

hutnfool2000

looking to Long track it to about a "144" and quad PIPE it and clutch it to appropriate specks after doing this stuff,, anyone got any Aaen pipes for sale for this thing ready to roll,, and maybe a track and suspention,, also,,will I need to roll the chain case to do this,, thanks,,, JEFF..... hutnfool2000@yahoo.com

Hi, sounds like you found a good one,almost new. At the top of the page click where it says "forum" and then scroll down to "Vmax4 - Mountain" and in there you'll find a "drop and roll" and some other info you maybe looking for. I think if you go to 8 tooth drivers and trim the track lugs to clear the heat exchangers you can swing a 2" lug, if not a 7 tooth should do it without having to do the drop and roll. I'm planing the same for mine for next year. I think there is another member here running 7 tooth drivers and a 2" lug, he may notice and have some first hand info on that.

Post some pics if you can Before/durring/after I would like to watch you progress...

I would stay away from the 7 tooth drivers myself. Unless you can find actual sprockets to go with them. On a steady smooth pull they work ok but the minute you start to work the suspension, they ratchet like crazy. I don't think you can get extroverts smaller than 8 tooth. At least you couldn't back when I changed mine from 7 to 8. A drop and roll would fix the heat exchanger clearance problem but it also exposes your drive axle to being tagged by rocks and ice clumps. I personally wouldn't recommend it. Notch your paddles 3/8" where they line up with the coolers on the top of the tunnel and go with 8 tooth extrovert drivers. My 2" 136 works fine like this.

Hey 4with4, thanks for the info. After riding with some friends that have 136" x 1.5" paddles and seeing where they can go I'm thinking a 136" x 16" wide x 1.750" paddle mite be a better way to go for me than a 144". Someone on here said that if notched for the heat exchangers a 1.750" paddle can be wrapped around a 9 tooth extrovert.
Hutnfool2000 your thinking 144", have you ridden one? I'm thinking for me anyway that turning in tight places would be kind of tough with the 144"?
By the way I'm running Simmons Gen two's 10" wide snow boards on the front of mine and love the way they keep the nose up on top, just need to get the rear to float a bit more.

Back