Kal-Haven Trail

overdrive75

Anybody from over near Kalamazoo MI. How is the Kal-Haven trail and how much snow over there? I am looking for a day trip this Saturday. Leave in the morning and drive there ride, and drive home. Thanks
:snow:

I'm in Grand Rapids about 45 min north of K zoo, We only have about 4-5 inches here, The trail is hard packed with some dirt showing thru, But, the lake shore has gotten quite a few inches in the past couple days, So it might be ok to the west of K zoo. I was in Cadillac on sunday and they have 6- 8 inches and the trails are ok, They have been getting snow since monday... Its 1 1/2 hours from Grand Rapids.. North

^^DV8 thanks for the info. I live near Brighton MI, so Cadillac is out of the question. That kinda leaves that area over by K zoo and stuff. There are some new trails, but not state ones up in the thumb. Part of the thumbs up snowmobile club, but that is the same time, and they are just open this year, so I don't know if I want to go there, I am thinking more towards waiting till next year.

Thanks again.

If you start off in Kzoo and head west you will probably have decent trails. They have had alot of lake effect snow the past 3 days.
To bad theres not a snow report you can look up that updates daily for that area.

Overdrive, Kal-Haven is a decent ride. Pretty hard packed usually with lots of stops and starts. Many driveways and roads that it crosses. It will get busy on the weekend seeing as though it is so close to Indiana and all those folks are looking for the nearest decent riding.
I'll be out tomorrow afternoon in that area and will let you know how it looks near Kalamazoo Friday evening...

Sorry for the late reply as I was out riding very late last night.
The Kal-Haven will be OK today but some areas will have a bit of snirt due to the fact that much of the trail is covered by trees. The wind should help though, as it was very drifty last night in Lawton/Marcellus area.

Last night was some of the BEST riding I've had in several years in the lower Peninsula!!

Have fun if you come...:snow: :snow: :snow:

^^Thanks for the post. However I did not make it there. I got to about 15 miles west of Jackson on I-94 and called it quits and turned around and went home. I could hardly see past the hood of my truck in the white out conditions and decided it wasn't worth the risk. There is always next weekend.

Back