Last ride of the year

8BU

We'll the way things look outside today looks like last Saturday was my last ride of the year. I left home around 8:30 in the morning. Rode up to Crivitz then Wausaukee, Amberg, and made my first gas stop in Pembine. From there I headed to Florence. I got off the trail and took a short cut on forest roads and two ruts that shaved about 10 miles off my ride on the way up. There was still about two and a half feet of unbroken snow on these roads. quite a work out for the old beast. Arrived in Florence at 115 miles around 11:30 for second gas up and a quart of oil. The grade out of Florence looked very inviting but didn't want to get snagged with out a trail pass in MI so I took a twisty trail over to Tipler. Topped the tank off at the Whitetail Inn and headed west. Trails started to get choppy and warm. Sled started running a little flat around forty MPH. If you held it above it was fine or constantly on/off throttle okay. Try accelerating from forty and really had to mash it to go. Got to Eagle River around 2:00 for my next gas up. Then around town on the south side and started heading south. Got to Monico around sunset. Trails getting ruff. I got turned around in the woods and got my directions screwed up. When I got to Monico I had to stop and ask where the gas station was. As I sat at the gas station, which I knew was on the north side of the road it still felt like I was on the south side. So I smoked a couple cigs, drank some water, changed plugs, and kept telling myself, dummy the sun sets in the west. From there I headed to Crandon along the highway. Decent trail but stopping for all the driveways got old quick. Trail from Crandon to Laona sucked. Ruff, twisty, and slow going. Arrived in Laona around 7:30 Gassed up and got a couple compliments from some other sledders how good a shape my sled was in for as old as it was. I got on the grade from there and headed south. Topped of the tank in Lakewood and headed home. Arrived home at 9:30 said hi to the wife and kiddies, ate something and off to bed. I was a little sore the next morning but I've been worse.

Went out and checked my sled mileage. 351 miles and $200 dollars in gas. That'll do pig, that'll do.

that's a mighty good ride by anybody standards never mind on a 20 year old sled those sleds like there fuel but its a small price to pay for relability

Back