More questions SXR700

BUBS SRX

#1 Anyone know about the oil light,Mine seems to stay on no matter what.Am I doomed or is this simple sensor malfunction?It is obviously getting oil.
#2 The antifreeze lines connected to the carbs in line off or on better or worse?There is a petcock to stop flow.
#3 This sled is hyper(5000rpm engagement),How long do you let it warmup before jumping on?.
I dont have a manual yet so bare with me I dont like blowing up new toys.

#1 seems to be a malfunction with the sensor
#2 I think they are supposed to be on below freezing temps and off above freezing.......
#3 Warm up time is critical, without properly warming up a 2 stroke you risk cold seizure. I usually let my sleds run for 5 minutes or more when it is cold out.

These are just my thoughts, hopefully someone else will jump in and confirm or deny these opinions....LOL

#1 :agree:
#2 :agree:
#3 I let my sled warm up for 10 minutes before riding it. That may be excessive, but I've seen too many guys whack their engines because they start them up and tear across the lake. I'm not in that big of a hurry. I think the owner's manual recommends 5 minutes minimum. If it's really really cold, I open the hood and let the Sun shine on it if the Sun is out. I'd rather spend the extra 5 minutes being careful than spending 2 weeks tearing it apart and putting it back together.

Thanks,My local parts dealer said exactly the same things.As far as the petcock he reccomended leaving it on,warmup the sled,then shut it down to let the heat soak into the carb then go.He mentioned that there was a problem with carb iceing and that is why they went to the circulator through the carbs. :i_need_sn

DUDE, YAMAHA HAD RECALL ON THAT OIL SENSOR. I HAD SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2000 SRX. LITE WOULD STAY ON THAN FLICKER. THIS ITEM WAS COVERED WITH A NEW SENSOR UNDER UPDATED WARRANTY ITEM ! 3:16 (tony)

Is there a mileage warranty,or just a general recall like say a big 3 car manufacturer would to replace parts free. If not I suspect I do not qualify for the replacement part.Thanks for the info,good to know.

Last edited:
YOU CAN ORDER PART AND INSTALL YOURSELF. IF YA HAVE A GOOD DEALER, HE MIGHT WARRANTY IT FOR YA. I BELIEVE I HAVE PART # IF YA NEED IT. 3:16 (tony)

I ordered part already,Supposed to be in today or tomorrow.I only get stuff from dealer if I REALY NEED TO!My local parts guy will match dealer anyway or better it by 10%.Not much but way more convienent.

Back