Motor ? and Racing Update

vollender

Well I just ran my last race of a 15 race season. Started off on my Vmax4 and it blew up half way through the year. Then I switched to my Daughters Apex powerd Jr Comp Dragster. Went to 4 finals 2 on the sled and 2 in the dragster and won 2 races in the dragster. One of the wins was for a sportsman class Wally. Still cant belive I won a Wally. With that said I want my sled back so I will be rebuilding the motor soon.Motor ?I have bought .039 base gaskets and had my heads milled .020. Still need rings and pistions.I am wondering if switching to 180 crank indexing would be a better way to go.Sled spec.1995 vmax4 800 all stockAaen pipes24-37 gearing136x15 tracksled normaly runs around 11.11 at 114 mphAny ides would be greatThanks Ray

Motor

I thought about porting. I was going to buy the race logic patterns. Is that a good way to go. Not sure if I could afford to send them out and have them done. Who would you recomend to sent them to to get a price.

Thanks Ray

You can try give Iantomassi track an trail out of bowmanville Ontario a call 1-905-263-4868
, heard alot of good things from them

I would spend more time clutching and setting up the suspension, in 1996 I ran 10.57 at 119mph, and that was with a 121" stock sled at the Grove. You have to get a better 60ft time.

Will sell you a fully built 93 vmax 4 motor built by delaughter steel sleeves .20 over 225 lbs of compression 180 fire motor with vforce reed 6303591145 zach

IMO, Run that motor at 90* with those AAEN pipes with lower compression on top. Thats too far to go with all that PSI on top, the motor will start to beat itself up at less than half track. Congrats on the Jr. Dragster

Back