Mt Brighton Mich. snowmobile hill climbs

mistermax

This is and early heads up. I will confirm date. For the last few years Mt brighton has been hoisting a hill climb up there ski hill in early march. I could not believe how many people come to this. Hundreds! It has been a 1000 feet up hill races with 3 jumps. I have heard this year there will be a no jump course also. This is a big event with some heavy hitters coming. might be nice to see a few old max"s out there! More info to follow.

Kirk:4fzfk2:

Is this in brighton??? as in not far from m-59...north of detroit south of flint etc????

YES! Brighton Mi 96&23 area. Snowmobilers from as far as New York were there last year. Really big event that does not get enough press. End of the season blowout. It in run very prfessionally.

Their website shows March 13 and 14 this year. I was going to go last year but I think it was canceled due to lack of snow.

Shark

Yes thats correct! For thoses not firmilure with the event Google COSDRA then scroll down there site till you see Spills& Thrills Mt Brighton. This shows it good. Nice you can sit at the lodge with a cocktail and watch the racing! I heard a new smooth corse and org. 3 jump style. Whos got paddle tracks? lol Maybe someone can do a link?

Kirk

That's right up my alley. I can do the big air stuff, but just don't have the endurance for snocross anymore. Looks like a blast. Suppose my buddy would borrow me his 800 IQ?

That's right up my alley. I can do the big air stuff, but just don't have the endurance for snocross anymore. Looks like a blast. Suppose my buddy would borrow me his 800 IQ?

Looks like your sled in your avatar would hit the first jump and land at the top of the mountain!!

Shark

I'll be there!!! Not to far from me,I'll bring my brothers M1000 and my v-max drag sled for you guys!! fun fun FUN!!

Well I just called Mt Brighton And the races ARE going on today!!! They must have stock piled alot of snow. Starts at noon. I am going to go check it out. If anybody else is going let me know. maybe we can have a cocktail on the deck while watching some great racing.

Kirk

Well that's pretty surprising. I had planned to go, but figured since it's been in the 50's and 60's all week that it would be canceled. Turns out I have to work tonight, anyway. You're right, they must have stockpiled snow because they sure can't be making it. Let us know how it went.

Shark

Well,
Just got back... hard to believe there was snow there but there were 2 tracks this year and the snow was GooD! Nice and white and deep! Racing was great! And well organised. They would race the smooth track then move over to the jump track while the groomer did the smooth track and go back and fouth like that. Some turbo yamahas with Hendrick racing on the side of them
did some expo runs fast!!! 300 sleds entered during Saturdays race! Who would have thought with last weeks weather.....

Back