Mtn. max 4 ...reborn!!

hontri said:
Ken... great tech article on cylinder lifting.With that quality of pics and instructions it sure made it a lot easier to do!!

You're :welcome:

I'm glad that you found it helpful!

Nice fabrication work, do you tig weld too?

Mountain Max

One bad *** lookin sled Norm. Looks like there was a bunch of time, thought, and work put into it. Things a class act top to bottom

Skinner

v-4

That's one of the coolest looking v-4's I evr seen,awesome job:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hontri, very nice work! you have made an amazing looking Mountain Max! ?? about the brake rotor, whats the difference between the stocker being drilled out and the 03 rev rotor???

SRV540 said:
Hontri, very nice work! you have made an amazing looking Mountain Max! ?? about the brake rotor, whats the difference between the stocker being drilled out and the 03 rev rotor???

The difference was in the price. I ruined the original yamaha rotor and the rev rotor was about a third the cost!! Thanks for the compliment.

does the motor run alittle warmer without the radiator in your opinion..?and second question what track lengh are you running..?what skid and tunnel is that...?thanks

Hi Jamie... I didn't really notice a difference in running temperature,but i'm usually running in deep to moderately deep snow. The rad only really works well when you are really hauling. I'm geared so low i can probably do only about 80 mph.The track is "151 long "15 wide "2 paddles camoplast. The suspension is first generation Ekholmn. I have the new generation on my polaris(pic attached).These are awesome deep snow climbing suspensions. There is an outfit in the states who have built a direct copy(mountain addiction).check out their web site for pics.

Attachments

• P7120007tiny.JPG
    P7120007tiny.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 398
He has really scaled down his business but is still making suspensions.
They never had a web site.They are located in Summerland B.C. Canada.
Telephone # 250-490-6249 (Larry)

is he still making tunnels...?i notices you have the straight tunnel correct..?no kick at the back.maybe mountain performance would be a great option since there kit has a dropped and rolled chaincase that comes with the laser cut tunnel feedback.?thanks

He has stopped making tunnels. He made my tunnel to my specs.It is straight along the bottom but there is a kick in the top starting just behind the seat,also made the running boards wider.(i have big feet syndrome).His tunnels came with a drop and roll built in. I built my drop and roll into the front clip on both the Polaris and the Max4(just my preference). I can easily put a 2 1/2" track under both sleds with room to spare. On the Max4 the drop and roll made a hell of a difference!!

Wicked sled

Nice job on the sled. rear skid is very intreasting looks like it works a lot like a m-10 which I love. eckholms drop n roll looks similar to mine approx 3down n 3back. I see you raised your cyc's I did that a couple years ago also,it made good power, now I raised my port timing in the cyc's instead. If your going to run nitrous I would recomend a nos sled fogger kit. you need a fuel pump but it makes way more power than the others The trick is to keep them frost free...pm me if intreasted. I know this is a old thread so hope ya see this.

later Rick..:4fzfk2:

That thing is totally awsome. Nice touches with the crome it looks nice. Wish I could see up close and in person. Awsome JOB.

HEY HONTRI i was just wondering if you built my sled to as it is pretty close to yours. mine i has a purple tunnel,clutch guard is just like yours but powder coated purple same as the carbs white hood and side covers. crank is 180ed rpc box i also have a bender box, bender pipes it was randy swensons sled and then ken poples at vernon cycle city when my friend ken got kill in an accident, i bought the sled had it for over 11 years. i remember one other one that i saw in vernon but it was yellow.i also am just in the middle of a rebuild.

Back