my first ride

howsahemi

well, i finally got to take my sled out. everything went well except a little belt squeeking after taking off from stop signs. i do have a couple of questions. the sled didnt seem to like being punched off the line. seemed to like being eased into. not sure if its common or just the comet clutch , or the clutching of the comet. i would like to try a stock clutch if anyone knows where i can get one. with gps i went 108 on a lake. which was the fastest out of our group, including a 06 mxz 800 which was fun, he didnt care for that. although in a drag race he would of had me, took a little bit to get up to speed. i have never ridden a vmax4 before,and would like to know if these numbers are common or if it seems like im missin a little. it was a blast to ride and with the m10 it saved my little baggy of asprin. very pleased with that. please advise. thanks a lot.

I am assuming you have a 121 inch track. 108 on the gps is good. You are in pretty elite company running that fast. Not many stock machines today or in yesteryears run that fast top end. That is consistent with what I have heard a stock vmax 800 will do. theres a whole lotta room for mods though! my mmax 800 will bury the 180kph speedo but I don't ride with a gps and have never been radared. I know I have raced an f7 with act(slower than the earlier w/0 act) and I was faster on top. And the mmax vmax 800 is a few miles an hour slower than the regular track top end. My mmax with the 136 is very quick out of the hole and has no issues with being punched out of the hole (when the track is tight enough for those of you that have read my last post!)

what were the conditons like if it was loose snow you probably were not getting as much traction as the ski doo. they have a deeper lug track and they are lighter. your machine should hook up reasonably well in hardpack but if you want to drag you may want to consider some tractions products and a different clutch set up. check the tech page.

i have been searching for a stock clutch. im not sure if the guy i bought it off of knows where the original is. in the mean time ill continue the search, got some time now.

This is some advice that was given to me from FASTMAX. Haven't tried it yet but some day.

I would start with a polaris blue primary spring and polaris weights 10- series weights. Start with a 10-62 as a base, and go up or down (10-58,10-64) from there. I may switch my 800 over to a comet as well. My little (almost stock) 750 just walks away from my 800.(that just aint right) I guess its time to do some work on my old 800.

Back