need advise!

brettster

need advice!

i found a 96 vmax4 with only 600 miles. The down side as I see it is its been sitting in a garage for about 8 years... Not sure why but anyway. What are your thoughts on this? I'm torn to buy it or not. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Brett

:worthlesssitting in the garage for 8 years?how many miles on it? sounds like you should be able to negotiate a good buying price!have to pull gas tank replace with all new gas lines,clean carbs.

Could be a diamond in the rough. I would ask why it's been sitting so long. Do a visual check and see if there is any evidence of hitting something, you know, dented bellypan, bent ski or strut, tweaked tunnel. Lift the hood and check the frame for any bends. It would be pretty hard to do any mechanical damage to the engine or drivetrain in 600 miles. I would ask to hear it run, but wouldn't try to start it without making sure there aren't any mouse nests in the airboxes or exhaust. This season is winding down, so if the price is good, you would have all Summer to clean it up.

Shark

got some more info on it. Its got around 600 miles on it and is cosmetically flawless. He went threw the big "D" and it just sat. Hes asking $1600. And its only 40 miles from me. A good friend is going to look at for me in the next day or 2 and if it looks as good as it sounds I will be picking it up. Also got a M-10 in my sights for it. It could be a good summer prroject!

Back