Need Info! 88 Tim Bender Terminator Exciter 1/50

Team Obsolete

Okay Yamaha / Tim Bender fans anybody have any info/photos of the limited Build exciters that came from benders race shop? they have Br pipes widened front.Oil/lube tank in rear seat compartment. mod motor. reinforced skis and special paint and striping. custom airbox and fiberglass cover over the vent area below the light! It has a pipe temp and water temp pods placed on either side of headlight pod. Fox shock/ on rear skidand atuuded with a special warning sticker on dash!! Please anybody have anything????

pm 82SRX500 on this site, his name is jon he might be able to steer you in the right direction.he is a big time bender collector with lots of knowledge on tim's builds!

Anything you want to know about the Bender Terminators just send me an email. I have owned 2 of them. They are now in Jon Bertolinos collection. I guess you are looking at the one for sale in MI. Jeff Wurl jwurl@triad.rr.com

any more info out there???Tim bender/terminator ( who has his twin track?)

Thanks to jeff for the info. is there any printed word or photos released in the day about these unique sleds built by Hall of Fame racer Tim Bender! Does anybody speak or know Tim to get any info?? Even when i raced at ussa, tim was in the upper class. Only saw him in the pits. So does anyone know how they were built, or who did the work? What about the proper setup? clutching. jetting and more? any setup for ovals? Hey Tim if your'e out there??:urock: Thanks Chip Pattermann,CPR racing #156 Team*Obsolete, owner of 1988 bender Terminator.

Last edited:
Jon Bertolino

He just recently purchase the 1988 FIII Bender Terminator Eagle River Championship race sled.

And I got the leathers go figure ?

Attachments

• 06145de_20.jpg
    06145de_20.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 9407jb3_20.jpg
    9407jb3_20.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 190
I was just at a guys house, who had one in his garage...I wished i had taken my camera..

I`ll see if i still have his number and give him a call, maybe he`ll post on here..he said he was familiar with this site when i ask..
Aparently, he used to race vmax4`s, he had some really cool pics in his garage of his vmax-4..a 96 ..he`s on some race team, as a builder i think he said, but i don`t remember what the name was..

Jon Bertolino here....

The Terminators are quite unique sleds. They were to have built up to 50. Tim signed the side panel of one of mine and it is less than 50. He built more motors than the actual sleds. I am on business this week so I don't have any of the pictures on my laptop. The one that has been for sale in Michigan is a deal in my opinion. Looks quite original and straight. I would buy it but just don't need it. I know about around seven to eight in existance. The FIII Terminator race sleds that Tim raced and won on were made in 88, 89 and 90. The 88 I own, the 89 is owned by Bob Weaver and the 90 is in a million parts. I own the leathers from the 89 season and Jamie owns the leathers from the 90 season. Fun stuff to have found. The FIII race sleds are fully modified by Tim and really are not anywhere close to the same as the special builds. The special consumer build Terminators were sold to be an ultimate trail race performance sled or to be further converted for racing.. One of mine was raced in FIII at one time and the converted back to trail. If you find or buy one and need reproduction stickers, I have recreated them but only supply them to actual Terminator owners. They are LOUD. Have bender pipes with small silencers on them that don't do much. Hydraulic brakes, 44mm carbs, widened front ends, and more.

hey Jon

I grabbed the terminator from Marc last winter, what are ya chargin for a set of the stickers?
cheers
rob

Jon Bertolino here....

The Terminators are quite unique sleds. They were to have built up to 50. Tim signed the side panel of one of mine and it is less than 50. He built more motors than the actual sleds. I am on business this week so I don't have any of the pictures on my laptop. The one that has been for sale in Michigan is a deal in my opinion. Looks quite original and straight. I would buy it but just don't need it. I know about around seven to eight in existance. The FIII Terminator race sleds that Tim raced and won on were made in 88, 89 and 90. The 88 I own, the 89 is owned by Bob Weaver and the 90 is in a million parts. I own the leathers from the 89 season and Jamie owns the leathers from the 90 season. Fun stuff to have found. The FIII race sleds are fully modified by Tim and really are not anywhere close to the same as the special builds. The special consumer build Terminators were sold to be an ultimate trail race performance sled or to be further converted for racing.. One of mine was raced in FIII at one time and the converted back to trail. If you find or buy one and need reproduction stickers, I have recreated them but only supply them to actual Terminator owners. They are LOUD. Have bender pipes with small silencers on them that don't do much. Hydraulic brakes, 44mm carbs, widened front ends, and more.

Back