NEED TUNNEL PROTECTORS ASAP!!!

bubbaj92

looking for tunnel protectors for a 92 as soon as possible wondering where i can get some or if anybody has any for sale. let me know a price shipped to 49264 in mi

thanks guys, bob

thanks carl i have a set or 2 like that but didnt they make ones to go over the long heat exchangers? if they didnt im going to have to custom make something or get the heat exchangers out of there and under the running boards and make something that way.

does your new track have studs where the orginal track is open around the track clips? usally the long exchangers are not a problem because the studs are not in the part of the track? my 92 has a 1 1/2 inch track with full paddles right under center exchangers and there is still a 1/4 inch clearance.

No Kirk its a cleated track with 1.200 studs. i don't want to run the cleats on the exchangers if they were to hit I mean. I'm not running sanctioned events. I think I'm going to take the exchangers right out and run ones from srx under the floor boards.Are u running 8 tooth drivers on your 1.5" track?

I have plastic strips that are rivoted to the heat exchanger. But unless you are welding hooker plates to the clips then I agree with mistermax. You shouldn't have a problem. Usually the rear exchanger needs them.

Boy I wish I knew how post pics on here you guys should see the tunnel from a partially shaved track and 1.060" studs. I have to do something like you Ted and rivit some plastic to the exchangers. I done want to have to modify this sled any more than it is. Can u post some pics or pm them Ted on what that plastic looks like under there?
Thanks Bob

Boy I wish I knew how post pics on here you guys should see the tunnel from a partially shaved track and 1.060" studs. I have to do something like you Ted and rivit some plastic to the exchangers. I done want to have to modify this sled any more than it is. Can u post some pics or pm them Ted on what that plastic looks like under there?
Thanks Bob

Here you go Bob:

Attachments

• bubbj92-track.jpg
    bubbj92-track.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 29
  • bubbj92-tunnel.jpg
    bubbj92-tunnel.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 30

Back