new to vmax 4 and need help..

brando99

i just got it this year and love it but it is jerking when it is under heavy load.. not when i lift the end though.. i changed the belt several time with no fix to the problem.. where else do i look....

Having the same issue right now. Ride for 5 minutes or so and immediatly after shut down open the hood and check clutches for heat. They should be warm to the touch but not hot. You should be able to leave your hand on as long as you want. My secondary bushings are glazed and I`m thinkin this is the cause. Just a shot.

If this checks ok look at track tension (drivers slipping?) If this does`nt fix my problem I will be going into the chaincase next.

Last edited:
well it looks like we will be working on this together then haha.. i will check when i get home on some things and get back to ya.. i need this thing back to working order.. i wanna fly

I will have a used secondary next week to try. Till then I`m sure some other members will be along with some other points to check.
Good luck!

Brando- You might want to post this thread in the general questions forum. It will get a lot more attention there. I`m sure someone has had this issue before and can offer better advice.

You didn' t mention what year the Vx was born. After you check the track tension, if it's an early build, check the splines in the jackshaft @ the shorty going into the chaincase.
(it's two piece)

its a 92 i checked the tension and its a little better.. im working 12's this week so it is hard for me to really get in there and get at it.. but i will be checking a few for things next

Back