new used sled

rustman

well, I figured this post would say that I have a nice new 800 here at home but I saw a deal I couldn't refuse. I picked up an artic cat..no I didnt! I found a real decent deal on a 98 srx700, only 1300 bucks with 7500 miles. Its not perfect but the engine runs fine...well it does now after unclogging the pilots, one of them I had to drill. It seemed to me that the pilot in it had not been machined properly and the hole didnt go all the way from end to end. It needs a ski, the one on it has more damage than id like to see, but other than that it seems like a decent purchase. Bender clutch kit, one thing ive already noticed just moving it around the shed is that its not nearly as tough feeling as the old vmax-4. Just hoping for some snow now so I can run this thing.

heres a pic or two..its not all cleaned yet..i am waiting for a few small parts to tighten up the exhaust and then i'll clean and paint the rest of it.

DSC01528.jpgDSC01595.jpg

BEAUTIFY!!

I`d love to have one of those!!

what size drill bit did you use for that pilot?

I recently cleaned a set of carbs for a guy who had just picked up a 99 700...it was only firing on three..i told the guy it was probley a plugged pilot jet..luckily it was...running great now..

anyway, I had taken a pic for him for future refferences..here it is...(yeah I left out the "T" in "mixture"..LOL)

copyofdscf0117.jpg

I really cant remember what size. I had a bunch on hand so I used the one that would just fit. It was very small (obviously). The only issue I could see was that the hole opposite the end with the cross-drilled holes seems to be tapered. Im not 100% sure on this one but it seemed to me that the hole got smaller as it went towards the cross-drilled end but evened out somewhere inside.

Back