Newer Yamaha snowmobiles

8BU

Anyone have any suggestions on 2005, 06, or 07 model sleds to stay away from that gave them problems. I heard something last year on the Nytro's about the front ends cracking. Or the Phazers with a ice build up problems in the front of the tunnel.

i know that year range had problems like you said with the front ends, the tie rod ends and the links to them would break for some reason, but they have fixed that now with the newer ones

The 08 Nytro subframe was weak, 09 it was fixed. The strreing geometry was also changed in 09 on the Nytros except the mtn. That is the biggest issue I can think of.

Last year I used to get nose bleeds from sitting up so high on my APEX GT. So I bought another V-Max4. It took alot of seat time to adjust to the APEX vs VMax4. The main difference seams to be the V-Max goes where you steer it, but steering heavy. The Apex turns best when sliding back on the seat and using body weight to help the back come around (rotate). The cigar shaped seat helps to slide front to back instead of the conventional slide to the side of the seat as on V-Max4. After comparing, the Apex takes less physical energy but the Vmax still feels more in control.

Back