North Woods Wisconsin

I was just up in the North Woods of Wisconsin (St. Germain, Sayner, Eagle River, Winchester ect.) and the trails were awesome. We put on 96 miles on Friday and they were great, went out again on Saturday morning and put on another 190 miles. Even with the traffic throughout Eagle River they weren't bad. So a couple of Vmax-4's in Eagle River and another on the trail in Winchester. Just wondering if anyone was in the area?

BWS

Willie- How was the sled running? Figure out the clutching? Bill G is just finishing up mine and heading up in Feb. Let's meet up. ScottW

Scott,

Sled has been running great. I took it up to Sayner and back. I rode the 600the other 250 miles. My SRX is still not right and I'm actually taking it in to the shop on Friday, going back up there on Friday morning. Probably go check out the ice drags on Friday and Saturday on Little St. Germain lake. If the SRX isn't ready by Sunday I will be bringing it home and probably part it out or sell it like it is. Real disappointed after all the work to that sled. How's the car?

Willie

Car is tucked away for the winter. Ever find anything for it? I met a guy named Mark from Manitowoc who had met you and knew the car as well last weekend...small world. I plan on heading up riding in Feb if you want to meet up. My place is just South of Lake Tom.
Scott

Yea I have met Mark. He was going to buy the car if it didn't sell to the other guy. He actually looked at the car for him. We should try to hook up in February, I am leaving to go back up there tomorrow morning.

Will

Ron,

Yes I have a place off of Little St. Germain Lake. I will be there till Sunday afternoon. If you are going give me a call maybe we can hook up. I think I forwarded my number in a PM, let me know if you don't have it.

Willie

Just back from St. Germain and the trails were ok, need some more snow soon. It was freak'n cold out. The radar runs were cool along with the bikini parade / run was cool too :eck02:. BE back up in a couple weeks. Had the Vmax-4 out all weekend. Ran good and sounded awesome! :clap:

BWS

Willie-
I just picked up the 4 and all is good. Bill G set up the Arctic secondary etc and the sled runs well now. It is almost as loud as quad pipes with these rpc twins. Did you run into the dnr up there. Wnat to avoid the noise issue with them. I might ne interested in an srx, let me know. Bill will just love another old school project from me. The 4 sat at his shop for 9 months. His friends thought he bought it but after calling it a tank for that whole time, his face was sure smiling when we got her running right. I have a good friend with a house on lt st ger. Where is your place?
Scott

Awesome about your sled, post some pic's. I always liked the RPC twins and people always asked me what I was running. I have yet to run into the DNR up there, I was up in Sayner and they were out but didn't get pulled over, but I don't ride like a jag off either like some people were that weekend. I will be leaving to go up there on Friday morning. It will be warm and they need snow from what I hear. I plan on going ice fishing for the first time. I am off the east side of the lake towards Bibs Resort. I plan on picking up the SRX this weekend, it should be ready according to a phone call yesterday. I started my new project a few weeks ago and it is going pretty well, keeping me busy. I'll keep you posted.

Will

St. Germain, McGregor's Blink Bonnie, Surf & Turf ,garlic breaded mushrooms, and a whiskey oldfashion press. Roadtrip.

Man we need to communicate more, I would like to meet some of you guys. I am heading up Friday morning thru Sunday night. Blink Bonnies rocks, a nice little ride from my house to eat, then I usually hit Big St.Germain Lake and head to Sayner Pub, you can't pass up seeing the 93 Vmax-4 hanging upside down from the ceiling over the pool table. Hope to run into you guys one day. It looks like I will be also heading up there the 13th thru the 17th also.

BWS

BWS you going to try to head a lil east for the meet?trying to beat the record that day I think there will be more vmax4's there than anywhere else in the world... should be something to see and be apart of.

Eric

Eric,

I think I need to head a lil west for the Vmax-4 meet if that is what you are talking about. I plan on going March 7th, I always wanted to go but never made it happen. If you were talking about Gaylord I will have to head a lil east. Keep in touch and if your ever in my neck of the woods let me know.

Brakes
That sucks you were out there that weekend, it would have been cool to meet up. I had the four out there cruzing around. I get some crazy looks and comments from guys all the time. I actually had some guys calling me Old School at a gas station in town one day telling me I should update and ride a real sled, then I fired up the ole quad 4 pipe and nobody seem to follow me out! You gotta love the sound. There are still some guys that think it's cool to see one. :smilies-9

We'll be headed to laona,Wi. tommorrow thru sunday.Meeting up with skinner and a bunch of others for a memorial poker run on saturday.

Eric,

. I actually had some guys calling me Old School

I had the same crap over in Detroit last week at the dyno cell until they seen the dyno results. They said the same sh+t to Justin Durand until he tore their heads off in Buffalo Mn. Always remember,,,,,, never smarten up a dummy

We'll be headed to laona,Wi. tommorrow thru sunday.Meeting up with skinner and a bunch of others for a memorial poker run on saturday.

I know Crivitz is a little ways from Laona but last Saturday about 10 miles west of Crivitz the DNR was out watching a trail that ran down a forest road with a posted speed limit of 25 MPH. They handed out a couple fines that day. Thought i'd let you know. I'm riding down to Ray's Bone Yard north of lena for the vintage snowmobile show and Andy Huberty ball beater poker run on this Saturday. Is that the memorial run your riding in?

where and when is this v-4 meet you guys are talking about. we would like to show up with the four we own. thanks for any info. THE KIDD.

Back