Parting Out: Wrecked '96 VMAX-4 800

aksledr

Parting out, '96 800, wrecked, odometer says 899.4 miles, I tend to believe it, has been sitting for many years covered. Haven't started taking it apart yet, but have noticed case is broken where stator cover sits against it. Send me your part inquiry, I'll find it, photo it and email that info to you. I'll be driving from Alaska to Seattle in about 2 weeks, can take parts with me.

Attachments

• v-4front.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 106
  • v-4side.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 227
  • v-4rear.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

more wreckage

More pictures-

Attachments

• P1010283.jpg
    P1010283.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 615
  • P1010287.jpg
    P1010287.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 613
  • P1010281.jpg
    P1010281.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 612
how much for skis? engine maybe, can you strip whole sled and drop the parts in alberta? or where do you go threw canada on your way. i am in sask.

Dam that's sad to see. Do you think the track drive shaft is still straight? I'd be interested in that and the fuel tank. You could drop them at my Brothers place in Vancouver on your way through.

I'll be driving down 97 Alaska Hiway to 1 near Hope, B.C., then usually west to Sumas but could go over to Vancouver then down I-5 to Seattle.
I started pulling it apart today, haven't gotten to the track/driveshaft yet, will post more pics tonight.

$250 USD O.B.O. for carb set, looks like $60.58 USD for a 10#, 16"Lx6"Hx6"W package Express International Mail, 3-5 business days for delivery

Attachments

• carbside.jpg
    carbside.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
What would you ask for windshield and dash cluster (speedo and tack)

$50 for windshield, $100 for instruments, O.B.O, I may keep the windshield for my 95 if it is taller, if I do, I'll have a real low one for sale. No pics yet.

how much for skis? engine maybe, can you strip whole sled and drop the parts in alberta? or where do you go threw canada on your way. i am in sask.

Skis-$50/pair, engine, $275 per cylinder/piston set, $400 for case & crank (top half of left case has chunk broken out where mag cover sit against). Alberta is a long ways out of my way to Seattle but for a large enough sale i would detour. Am working on stripping sled and throwing away the junk.

Dam that's sad to see. Do you think the track drive shaft is still straight? I'd be interested in that and the fuel tank. You could drop them at my Brothers place in Vancouver on your way through.

Haven't gotten to the track or drive axle yet, tank is out and appears to be undamaged, $50 O.B.O for each. Drop off in Vancouver would work.

Prices are O.B.O., free delivery to 97 corridor to Seattle on the west coast. If you hook me up with free clean and dry vegetable oil I could deliver further.

No belly pan protector.

Got engine checked, output shaft bent, upper and lower case flange broken off where the stator cover fit against case, really good compression, plugs were cardboard brown, stator cover shattered, stator wires cut, output shaft bearing support broken.

Jackshaft bent, bottom bearing in chaincase popped out.

Back