powder skies and things

Snorush

Looking for the best powder skies for my 92 vmax4.

Also upgrades if anyone can point me in the a good direction.
I have the stock dual pipes would like 4 singles. (price)
I need a bigger gas tank. (looking at putting on a 12g polaris tank and light weight seat)
light weight hood or mesh. (I think I could fab a mesh hood)

I thank you for all your comments this is a fun sled to work on. The only thing I have done is put a 151 x 2" rx1 suspension with 7 tooth drives under it. That works pretty good for now, but would like to drop and roll this next year to get the top end back.

Thank you again,
James

Well, I´d go with PowderPro´s IF they can be made to fit... Hontri and other MOD Mountain rider can probably help you out.

Ike

I have Ekholm skis on my max. They are a direct bolt on but they d'ont make them anymore. I have powder pros[slp] on my polaris like Ike mentioned.They are excellent and it looks like you could fab up some brackets fairly easily for the install.Did my own d&r and it really helped.Lots of clearance for a 2.5" track:rockon: Doin the mesh hood also.Have fun!!

I just installed a set of Summit Powder Skis that I bought from ebay for $75 including loops and carbides.

They work great, less steering effort than the RX-1 skis I had installed, and required no additional modifications since the spindles on the new OEM sleds seems to be the same width. (Remember I had previously modified my spindles by making them narrower)

I haven't gotten into a lot of deep powder yet, but I do notice the sled handles deeper snow much better since the powder ski has a flat outside edge which pushes the snow more aggressively, and makes turning so much easier.

I also installed a set of new Bombardier Pilot skis that a guy I knew had. I did not ride with them, but was curious how well they would fit. No problem so they too would be a good/affordable ski upgrade for trail riding if your looking to switch.

ski's

A bunch of us are using the simmons skis,they are wicked. They work great in powder and on hard packed.They don't pack with snow at all and steer great, are very tough, but are pricey also they can be ordered with the right saddles for struts .All we do is ride the mountians and if you want to check them out look at the franken sled.....

Rick

Last edited:
I also use Simmons on my '97 V-Max 4 Mountain Max. They work awesome. Eliminate darting on the trails completely and work great for floatation in the deep.

Kinda new this stuff, but I am looking for some SLP Powder Pro skis. Anyone have any for sale, or know of a good place to buy them aftermarket? Online is fine. Thanks, Josh

skis

Four Paws said:
Kinda new this stuff, but I am looking for some SLP Powder Pro skis. Anyone have any for sale, or know of a good place to buy them aftermarket? Online is fine. Thanks, Josh

You can buy new from SLP's website or you can try the swapmeet section on snowest.com.

They used to be made locally in B.C. I have never used them personally but i have heard that the people that do really like them.

Four Paws said:
Came across these while searching -> www.modsskis.com

Anyone ever see these, hear any info about them, ride a sled with them or own a pair.

Thanks, Josh

Well, it's the modsskis or powder pro's for me unless you guys can sell me on something else...I just need to decide if I want to fork out the extra $125 for the modsskis. I will gladly pay the money if they are the cats meow - I just want a good all-around ski for primarily deep snow - sidehilling, carving, climbing...you know.

u can get a srx tank from any of those years like 99 2000 and they are 12 gallons only thing u have to do is add a nother out let at the bottom of the tank as vmax4s have 2 fuel pumps. some one on this sight had a pic and modification to fit it in. Alden

Back