Pro-Action question

Vmax540

The Original Pro-Action rear suspension was used in the SRV, Vmax540, Exciter II, and the Vmax4 and last used in the 94-96 Vmax 5-600 sleds. The SRV/Vmax540 listed the travel as 5.9" and the 94-96 Vmax 5-600 sleds as 8.5" ? I purchased the front and rear arms plus the rear shock off a 1994 Vmax 500 and the only difference is the newer arms are tubular verse channel for my old Vmax. The rear of rear shock is the same center to center lenght and all shock mounts are in the same position ! Everything matches up the same although I did not get the limiter straps from the newer 500 so, what is the deal ? I'm bummed where is the extra 2.5 inches ?

cat eater said:
it could be in the shock location or in the skid location.just a thought
Thanks for the reply ! the shock mount seems like the exact same and the skid location shouldn't matter ? I'd like to see both suspensions on the floor side by side ?

sorry

you had listed the vmax 4 in your post and it will fit the vmax 4 i had put one under mine and it was acutally narrower than the stock one i had to shim it. you may get what you want at the salvage yard longer limeters and match up some longer shocks.I had a 80 ss 440 i put honda three wheeler shocks under and got threee extra inches of travel and lift.

Cat eater what did you have to do to get the pro action plus suspension in your vmax 4. I have a 94 v max 4 750 and i bought a pro action plus suspension but dont no what i have to do to install it any help would be appreciated

Back