Proaction Install

My sled is a 92 Vmax 750-4

The skid I am upgrading to is a 96 XT Proaction Plus

I have done quite a bit of research on this and have come up with the correct dimensions from the tech area, have also learned that
not much spacing if any at all is needed to fit the skid in the tunnel properly. And that when set up good this skid is a great addition
to an already good snowmobile.

However there are still some questions that I have not been able to find answers for, such as,

I have read that "reinforcements need to be done" to prevent the tunnel from cracking. The only skid upgrade pics I can find on the net
are that of the RX1-proaction skid- which is narrower and needs spacing- so what many have done is to add a 1/2" aluminum "bar" alond side the skid which acts as a spacer and reinforcement. I however do not need spacers, but was thinking of using some galvonized steel that is 14gauge thick, would that be enough bracing? if ran the length of the tunnel and riveted properly??

Also, does anybody have any good base setup tips for the proaction plus in a 750?? I weigh 155lbs if it helps any.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appriciated.

I will be taking pictures in great detail as I install the skid so I can submit them to the tech area for future reference.

Jeremy

I wouldn't run 14gauge full length, just make a 3 or 4 inch reinforcement for the front mounts and if you have the stamped steel rear drop mount that bolts on with three bolts that should spread the load fine.

Make sure the holes are smooth and fit the bolt as close as possible. Jagged holes and loose fit are the quickest way to get cracks started. And no scratch marks to locate rivet holes.

I have installed `96 XT skids in `96 Vmax4s.Basic info is the skid crossshafts are too wide.Need to remove some from either side.The factory front mount plates get moved into the new location,which will be forward of where it is now.

Back