PSI pipe ID?

4ever4

Hoping someone can identify which pipes these are. The pipes in the first picture I bought as 750 pipes and the ones in the second picture came on my 95 800. Both sets are identical with 1-1/8" OD outlets from pipe and both sets have same silencers. The only difference is the short piece from expansion chamber to outlet end. Hopefully you can see in pictures.The first one has a smaller pipe in there and the second one is same size from expansion chamber to the end. Is this the difference between 750 and 800 pipes? Maybe people with these pipes can chime in with your specs and measurements. Be nice for us to know the differences.
th_dec2408003Medium.jpg
th_dec2408002Medium.jpg

Here is what I asked Bruce @ PSI:

How many different sets and versions of quads did you offer.

7/8" outlet (750's?)
1" outlet (750's?)
1 1/8" outlet (800's?)

Here is his answer:

You are correct on the outlet sizes and the bigger 1" 750 pipe was used when we installed internal stingers for noise control, then we had to go up to the next larger stiger to maintain flow..Also the 800 pipes are 2 " shorter on the header pipe to accommadate the higher RPM that the 800 Ignition allowed us 8100-750.....8400-800 Hopefully that helped you...Bruce

Thanks Rules! Starting to make more sense now. The pipes looked almost identicle, but upon further inspection some are distinctly different as you mention.

th_3-29-09.jpg

when i ordered some sealing rings and springs from bruce at psi he told me he found a couple sets of pipes might want to check with him.but i would bet they are a little pricey!

Back