PSI Quads

zachalyse

Not sure if I really want to let these go, but will listen to offers. Reasonable offers that is!

Attachments

• CIMG0882.JPG
    CIMG0882.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 276
  • CIMG0884.JPG
    CIMG0884.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 207
  • CIMG0885.JPG
    CIMG0885.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 186
  • CIMG0886.JPG
    CIMG0886.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 193

Might need help on that one. They were installed on my 800 by a local dealership. I've had another member inform me that he thinks they are 750's because of the cursive writting.

Not sure.

1 1/8" diameter. So my guess is they are 800's. Someone told me cursive meant 750's. The "PSI" is in cursive, but the "RACING" is standard. Anyways, I think the 1 1/8" tells the truth.

Tried sticking a coat hanger up through stingers. Got about 2-3" in and it stopped. Not sure if it is due to baffles or just the bend in the can. (They are still on sled).

They are not crazy loud, so if I had to guess, I'd say they were trail version.

:3speechle:3speechle:banghead::banghead: WAY TOO MUCH CONFUSION HERE GUYS!!

They are what they are and the best I can do is answer any questions as truthful as I can.

7/8" diameter?...1 1/8" diameter?...cursive?...no cursive?...baffles?...no baffles?...slide in?....slide out?

All I can say is they look and sound awsome!! And they feel like they've given my max a whole lot of extra grunt. (BUT LETS NOT OPEN THEM CAN OF WORMS)

I'm guessing I'll just be keeping them. These posts are actually helping me make up my mind.:tease:

I believe those would be the pipes for the infamous VMAX with the twin 400's coupled together with the gearcase between the two 400cc motors. LOL!

Okay, any input on these 2 sets of PSI pipes? Both have same silencers and both are 1-1/8" OD where they connect to the silencer. But notice one set has a smaller pipe from expansion chamber to this end whereas the other is same size all the way out from expansion chamber. ???
th_dec2408002Medium.jpg

th_dec2408003Medium.jpg

Here is what I asked Bruce @ PSI:

How many different sets and versions of quads did you offer.

7/8" outlet (750's?)
1" outlet (750's?)
1 1/8" outlet (800's?)

Here is his answer:

You are correct on the outlet sizes and the bigger 1" 750 pipe was used when we installed internal stingers for noise control, then we had to go up to the next larger stiger to maintain flow..Also the 800 pipes are 2 " shorter on the header pipe to accommadate the higher RPM that the 800 Ignition allowed us 8100-750.....8400-800 Hopefully that helped you...Bruce

Well, all I can say is my outlet is 1 1/8". Lets just leave it at that. People can decide for themselves what they are.

Thanks for the research Vmax4rules.

Back