radar run shots

jminor

Vmax-4 Senior Member
couple pics from a local radar run this winter with about 150 sleds, all of them slow so it was safe for me to go..Dean I emailed you the pics

JOSH SPENDING HIS EASTER DIGGING THROUGH PICTURES, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY. I AM GOONA GET STUFFED ON HAM, WHAT THE HELL, I HAVE A DRIVER. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the pics .............

Attachments

• sledpic1.jpg
    sledpic1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 127
  • sledpic2.jpg
    sledpic2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 129
1000' best run 176kph. Temps were +5 and rainy, fastest run of the day was a full improver Skidoo with a crankshop 1000 motor. Ran a 183.

thanks tony, left a bit on the table that day, never had the sled over 500' before that but still happy with the results. Was running the 8bu00's for that run instead of experimenting with the 10's, kinda a go with what you know thing. I have an interesting story about the clutching that day. If you ever want to know shoot me a pm. Its probably nothing you have'nt heard though.

YOU PROBLEY WOULD OF FOUND POSSIBLEY THE 10 MIGHT BE BETTER FOR 1000 F.T. RADER BECAUSE THEIR NOT AS AGRESSIVE AS 8BU-00. THE 00 ARE GREAT FOR DRAGGIN WHICH I AM SHURE YOU FOUND OUT. DUDE, JUST TRYING TO GET IN YOUR HEAD, YOUR SLED WILL BE NO WALK IN THE PARK. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I was willing to bet the 10's would have been the answer but again with no testing you gotta go with what you know! The thing I was going to tell you was that I wanted to roll out with a blue spring at about 4500, going for mph remember not et's, and build the mph from there. Thought I would get less spin that way off the line. I will say this: I ended up having to run an orange, even wanting to roll out that sled would not leave at 4500 r's pulling 58 grams!!

I'd also be willing to bet that a set of 750 weights would be a good long distance running weight in a quad piped application

YEP 89A-10,s LOADED. PROBLEY WOULD WORK NICE TO BECAUSE YOU CAN FINE TUNE WITH ALOT OF DEFFERENT HELIX OPTIONS. YOUR NOT STUCK WITH THE WHEEL HUB SECONDARY. I SHOULD OF SENT YA A SPRING TO TRY THAT WEEK. ( hey wait, can,t give all my secrets). 3:16 (yammie tony)

I can tell you this:
First run secondary @ 60- 165
Second run secondary @ 70- 176!!
Did'nt get to make a third pass the wait was at least 45 minutes but I would have wrapped to 90, even at 70 degrees my r's were only hitting 8600-8650. Too low for quads.

TWIST WAY LOW FOR QUADS , YOU CAN SEE IT GOT BETTER EVERYTIME YOU WENT UP. ALSO 8600- 8800 FOR PSI. MY HP ON MY 96 NEVER CHANGED IN THAT RANGE ON DYNO PULL. 3:16 (yammie tony)

I know now that the twist was too low but the theory at the time was glare ice and low finish on the helix would allow for a softer twist, thus less resistance, remember 1000'. Sucks going to a race with no testing!! I always try to run 8800 and when you say no diff in hp between the 8600-8800, how about the torque?

TORQUE NUMBER INCRESE SLIGHTLY AS RPM WENT THROUGH POWERBAND, WHICH IS A GOOD THING. THAT TOLD ME STILL GAINING POWER. BUT HP LEVELED. I RAN MY 96 ON ICE IN 660 ON LOON, RPM WAS AROUND 8600. MAYBE A TAD LOWER. I CUT FINISH BACK TWO DEGREES AND PICKED UP 150 RPM. SLED IS DIALED. 103 IN 660 ON GPS. JOSH, YOU CAN,T TUNE FOR CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE TO TUNE FOR 86-8800. CONDITIONS CHANGE EVERYTIME YOU GO OUT. YOU HAVE A 300 RPM SWING HERE. SHOULD BE EASY. IT LOOKS TOO ME THOUGH YOU GOT IT. SLED SOUNDED GOOD. LOOKED FAST. NO DOUBT. I THINK YOUR THEORY WOLD BE CLOSER FOR GRASS, REMEBER YOU WERE MAKING ALOT MORE HP AT THAT RADER RUN THAN AT SIMMS. CAN,T RUN SOFT TWIST WITH ALOT OF HP ON ICE. ESPECIALLY IN 1000 F.T. , YOU NEED TOO HOLD RPM UP. HELIX WON,T HELP YA IF BELT DROPS TO FAST. LOW FINISH HELIX DO WORK THOUGH I AGREE ESPECIALLY WITH HC. 3:16 (yammie tony)

shoulda started at 90, live and learn I guess.Next time but it won't be withthe 00's so its square one all over. Your 660' are strong, right where I figured a good working max should be. Before I went I was guessing mine should run if the setup is right 100-105 in 660' and 114-116 in 1000' Figure thats what 170-180 horse setup right will get you. Your numbers confirm that as well.

HEY WAIT. '' FIGURE THATS WHAT 170-180 HORSE SET-UP RIGHT WILL GET YOU ''. THOUGHT PSI WERE ONLY GOOD 10-12. lol!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO WAY MY STOCK 95 TWINS WILL BEAT YOU. THATS MY POINT. SEE JOSH , YOU JUST DID THE MATH. YOUR HP AND TORQUE WILL GET YOU BUY, IAM ABOUT 15 HORSE LITE. NOW YOU AGAINST MY 96 IS MORE LIKE IT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

like I said start getting your quads bolted on that 95, or what would even be the point in racing?? You just said so yourself..

JOSH, I TOLD YOU 5 TIMES NOW AND MATTER OF FACT IN OTHER POSTS YOU SHOULD BEAT US. QUADS AIN,T GOING ON MY 95 , DREAM ON, WHY!! THEIR ON MY 96 WHICH IS SAME SLED. SEE MARK AND I TALKED A HOUR ABOUT THIS. YOU WILL NEVER RACE US BECAUSE YOU CAN,T WIN. WE BEAT YOU, WERE GONNA HOOPLA AND HOLLAR, YOU BEAT US, YOU SHOULD!!!!! AGAIN, YOU WON,T TAKE THE CHANCE, YOU KNOW IT AND I KNOW IT. I AIN,T KNOCK YA FOR IT. THATS YOUR OPINION AND THATS FINE. I GUESS THAN TWO THINGS ARE NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. QUADS ON MY 95 AND YOU AND I RACING. !! YOUR WELCOME TO RUN MY 96 THOUGH, ICE ONLY SORRY!!! AND SOONER OR LATER TAR!!! ONLY THING I WILL ASK IS WHEN DEAN ,AND TOMMY, AND MARK POST PICTURES OF MY 95 , KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOURSELF. I WILL DO THE SAME WHEN THERE IS PICTURES OF YOU. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:

Back