Radar run today

Kahunas

My 2 sons and went to a local radar run today. The 96 rocked the ice today with a 1000 foot pass at 109. For some reason I couldn't back it up, but the next closest was 101 or 102 for second place. My oldest son ran his 91 Phazer and it ran a 77. It ran 81 last year, but we have done zero testing this year and I am just glad he wanted to run. Since it was a nice smooth track, I decided to let him make a few passes on the 96. He started off with his first pass being a mellow 75. I was impressed with his restraint as he has ridden this sled before but has never made more than a few passes no more than 100 feet. His next run was 101 and his next run was 104. He was thrilled! I, as his father, was a bit nervous, but he has been on this kind of stuff his whole life. Make sure you watch the video until you can hear him laughing. It was his first 100+ mph pass...

Vid added.
http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/ww138/misterfuzzer/?action=view&current=GOPR0105.mp4

Last edited:

Cool Big K. Love to see some vid.

I know what it's like to watch/help your kids do stuff like that and how much it means.

Congrats!!

opsled

Like your son said THAT WAS JUST AWSOME
Great vid I bet your one proud daddy
Time for him to join VMAX4.com....LOL

P.S your PM box is full

Last edited:
Nice! Would you trust any other machine at that speed with your son on it? The Vmax4 really does make that look like child's play!

Cool video! That's something that your son won't soon forget. Now you know how your Dad felt when he saw you out rippin' it up!

Shark

Don't you just love that excitement in his voice. Thats priceless time for the both of you!........................Tom

It certainly was a great day. He was on a cloud until he went to bed.
I have the suspension setup so the skis never lift, even off the line. It tracks perfectly straight and its very smooth and easy to drive. We had a 15 mph crosswind, but it still held its line very well.

Finally got to see/hear your son,s reaction on the video at work today(on my lunch of course!!, not on company time), Couldn,t get the darn video to load up at home on our distortion master 6000 series computer. It took forever. You could hear his hoots and holers over the sled!! .lol. Glad a good time was had by all, and that you Dad are doing a good job teaching your boys to have respect, and limits/boundaries to stay within to stay safe and have fun. Well Done!!...Rob.

Thanks, Rob. I have always wanted them to race and I will spin the wrenches. It's here already. I actually have video of my youngest on a motorcycle at 17 months old. It was an honest pleasure to hear his delight on that run. Now he thinks the Phazer is a slow turd. That put a grin on my face as well. It was a proud Papa day!

Last edited:
Great stuff! Keep the kids into it and they will have something to look forward to for many years. I still can't get enought of it!

Back