rear skid setup

rustman

I have the skid out of my '96, just fixing some wheels, greasing things up, fixing some bad bushings, etc... Getting it ready for a race on Saturday. I moved the front arm to the bottom mounting position and tightened the front limiters up quite a bit. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to the rear shock. Should I tighten the limiter there, change the mount position on the rear pivot arm? Anything at all that will get this old beast down the track a little quicker than the next guy. I'm gonna strap the TSS down too, I got that all figured out, it's the arse end I'm wondering about.

I think you should work on the 97............. If only I could bring it into the classroom. Im sure my teacher would really love that! xoxo

I am assuming you are snow dragging.Start with this,http://www.vmax4.com/vbulletin/blog.php?blogcategoryid=7, HINT HINT its free hosepower most people overlook or,just think its a waste of time!!!(when I used to ice race I could push my sled around the ice with ease by hand....free HP) Double over the front limiter straps, loosen the rear strap, tighten the rear spring all the way and test,test,test. if you seem to be spinning too much at the start, back off the rear spring tension to get a little more tranfer to the rear.Your skis should not come up more than 6 inches at the start, and just skim the top of the snow down the track. Then test, adjust, test adjust. Due to varying snow conditions and driver weights, the only way to get it right for snow drags is to test test test.
Ice setup is way easyier, less variables on ice, this should get ya a starting point.

Last edited:

Back