Reverse on a vmax4??

The Vmax4 came with reverse as an option.First thing,you take the reverse gear case from a Vmax 500/600.Then the parts you need to adapted it to the Vmax4 chassis are as fallows,A complete Vmax 500 or 600 and remove the stickers.Now install your Vmax4 stickers.Taa-Daa Vmax4 with reverse.The real Vmax4 was only made to go one direction and fast.It didnt need the extra weight.

hmmmmm, tommy i was going to bust on you for hyjacking but i guess your third post does get back to the subject hahaha... you might have something there!... i was seconds away from reversing the wires on my 93 lastnight but my buddy told me "NO! we dont need to be tearing that motor apart (to fix it) right now" hahaha....

wouldnt it be reasonable to adapt a mechanical reverse chaincase somehow?

You can also get a hydraulic brake and get two birds stoned at once

I thought about reverse myself. Then my ego takes over, as I wonder how cool I look pulling in making that circle like a bird of prey,,, staking out my perfect parking spot.

hahahahahaha...good one!!!!!

speaking of reverse..the sled that was here yesterday (2006 polaris 600) had electric reverse..what a trip it was/is..ya hit the buton, and the motor pretty much stalls, or damn near, but then aparently, right as the piston/s are comming back up top, it fires the plug/s Well BTDC to make them start running the opisite direction...right when you think it stalled, it revs back up..wild as hell..

Hey Al.

I saw one of those Polies with the electric ER at the local drags a couple years ago. The kid running it jumped the light so they made him restart 1/2 sled length back from the rest. No problem as he just hit the button and backed her up. But now he was even more jumpy and had a dissadvantage to make up for so he was really jumping up and down on the back of that thing to get it planted for a good start. He was all ready to grab a handfull of throttle and use his weight to plant the skid at the same time. When the light turned green he did just that. Problem was he still had the sled in reverse (ooops?). When he grabbed throttle and planted the ass end, that sled took off and backed right out from under him leaving him upside down on the hood.

I almost pissed myself and so did most of the crowd.

He got back on, put it in forword and got the hell outa there. Must have put it on the trailer and went home as I didn't see him the rest of the day.

I still laugh when I think about it.

opsled

Back