RPC 180* Boxes

VMAX535

Vmax-4 Senior Member
Does anyone have any info on these boxes. Rev. limits, timing curve??

#1 Chip 14159242 identification sticker inside the box 100159

#2 Chip 14289621 identification sticker inside the box 140388

Thanks, Dan

I have some RPC catalogs out in the garage. I know I saw the boxes in there. I'll look tonight when I get time.

This is all the catalog reads.

4421-1220 peak power rpm 7900-10000 twin pipes
4421-1219 peek power rpm 7900-10000 hi rpm quads
4421-1218 peak power rpm 8500-9000 rpc stealth quads
4421-1217 rpc race quads 90 degree firing
4421-1419 rpc race quads 180 degree firing
4421-1418 rpc stealth quads 180 degree firing
4421-8 vmax-4 turbo

sorry, not much help

Does anyone have any info on these boxes. Rev. limits, timing curve??

#1 Chip 14159242 identification sticker inside the box 100159

#2 Chip 14289621 identification sticker inside the box 140388

Thanks, Dan

14 denotes 180 degree firing order

12 denotes 90 degree firing order

The middle (2) numbers denotes the program... 28= 10,800 rpm limit, 15 and 10 equals low rpm limit which is 9400 rpms

The last (4) digits denotes yyww, meaning the hour/month/day/year... thats when the chip was created or programmed.

I have to look at my notes from John Reichart, I have all the programming spreadsheets and software for the chips to program custom chips with curves, rpm limits and ect, but I CAN NOT let that information out per my agreement. I can say many chips are the same as far as programming, they just have small curve changes and ramp out the final curve different.

Dan, I kind of remember your setup from years back in talking, I'd stick with the 14289621 chip that was one of the last high rpm 180-V4 chips programmed.

Justin

Last edited:
Justin. Pardon me if you will, but why even mention the programming thing if you can,t release that info. You are teasing the man because thats exactly what he is after if I have read his post correctly...Rob.

Yeah, it can be put in the Tech Entry...not enough info out for the need to kill anyone, lol! You won't find any information without the spreadsheets for curve though, but now you guys can somewhat figure out your current chips better. Glad this helps.

Justin

Justin. Pardon me if you will, but why even mention the programming thing if you can,t release that info. You are teasing the man because thats exactly what he is after if I have read his post correctly...Rob.

Well maybe I shouldn't have even let that information out, but now he and others know what they "somewhat" have to at least decifer their chips. This is the best I can do as per my agreement. He will now know the phasing, rpm, and production date of chip...better than nothing at all.

Justin

Last edited:
Hi Justin I am preparing myself a Pro-Stock 800 FROM `a V-max 4. Excuse my bad english, I'm from Quebec and francophone. Also here it `s very difficult to find the` info if it isn `t for Bombardier. I am currently looking for an ignition system `I could configure it with my own` ignition curve. If I understand you can do for the CPP boxes. But these boxes are no longer available I believe. Besides there is MSD `t it` s other things available?

180* Box and Pipe Combinations

Dan, I kind of remember your setup from years back in talking, I'd stick with the 14289621 chip that was one of the last high rpm 180-V4 chips programmed.

That chip is the one that came in the box that I bought from Jeff and use with the Howlers. The other chip came in a 92 sled, with a 866cc BB, that was 1 of 4 built by Yamaha/Bender and raced by Bruce Schradder and 3 others in Open improved stock back in 92/93. These sleds came with a silenced version of the FIII pipe.

My goal here is to put together the best pipe/box combination.

Attached is the dyno report from dynotech posted by fastmax a while back.

Thanks for the info 8BU and Quad.

Attachments

• FIII Big Bore Dyno Tech.pdf
    746.5 KB · Views: 108
salut M, dominicturbo , je crois que tu es dans la meme situation que moi ( probleme de langue ) , moi aussi j'en es un un vmax4 800 imp ,

J`ai entendu parlé de toi par Charles Côté je crois. J`espère être prêt pour la saison 2013 avec un pro stock. Je magasine un allumage même si j`ai déjà quelque chose de mieux. J`aimerais pouvoir programmer ma propre courbe avec mes données.

No problème Dan, i wish have finish for next season. It`s not easy to find all good parts for the v4 because the sled have 15 years old.

Back