RX-1 exhaust mod

Master of Faster

Decided to play around with the stock exhaust on my RX tonight to see if I could improve it myself, just can't justify the $400 on an aftermarket setup for the little gain.

I cut it open, chopped out one pipe and a couple baffle cones, then drilled 88 1/2" holes in the pipes and welded it back up. I've done one for a turbo where I totally gutted it, but I think this will be a good comprimise, shouldn't be too loud for the trail, I will see if there is any performance change if there is ever any snow again. :2dontknow

http://media.putfile.com/RX-1-exhaust-clip

rx1exhaust002.jpg

rx1exhaust003.jpg

Have you tested with it yet ?
It sounds cool. I may have to find another and do it to mine also..

Gutting Exhaust

I picked up a Bender and White knuckle exhaust at dealer they both felt like they were just gutted felt empty, I am going to gut mine on my stock Rx1 this weekend and seee how much weight I can shed off of it, and play with the clutching a little only turning 10000 want about 10200, 10300. What are your opinions is there anything negative about gutting it other than noise pollution (beautiful):4fzfpi:

There's no downfall that I'm aware of, other than the noise. Personally I don't like the sound of the Benders or the White Knuckles, I don't know how to describe it but the sound just does not have character, its just kinda Blah loud. Same thing with the fully gutted stockers IMO, but alot of guys love them. The way I did mine sounds alot better but you don't get nearly the weight savings like you're looking for.

And you're right about wanting to run that at 10200-10300. I don't know what you're using for weights but if you're still running the stockers many guys had good luck with just drilling out the tip rivet, although I would highly recommend ditching those stock weights for a set of Heavy Hitters or Super Tips.

Last edited:
DID IT TONIGHT

I did it tonight and saved about 8lbs or so and removed the tip rivet in my 8FA weights before when I ran it down at my house it was only turning 10 but in the mtns it turned 10 but would drop off to 9000 then climb back up just not backshifting now down here I saw 10500 shouldbe about right for mtns. Thanks for the reply.

Back