Samueljackson´s NEW Exciter (´89)

Ike

So, this is why he was asking about the bore and stroke....

He bought a ´89 E - model Exciter 570 yeaterday. 978 KM`S ON IT!!!!!!!!!

Starts with first key turn... :flagge_fi :rockon:

That is a find! It´s in awesome condition for that age.

14kutmw.jpg

14kw8eh.jpg

14kw8wg.jpg

Ike

Last edited:

Well, it´s snowing and Samueljackson spends lot of time at the garage...

Some results...

Ike

Roadrunner said:
Awesome!! I can tell he likes to be out in the garage, looks great!
Doug

Well, his girlfriend was last week at New York so no wonder :muahaha: :smilielol

Ike

WOW! Nice find.. I've ALWAYS wanted an exciter. they have power.. there okay in weight. And there always there when you need em'

Jep its done

I"ll just have to gear it down little bit because it wont take max power rpms. Cant get more than 79 mph (gps) at 7500 rpms.

Track is new camo free ride 9034C 14"x136". Shiny parts are done by IKE so U can blame him about those. Ike wont let me paint anything...:muahaha:

Heres a pic... -sami-

2d0hzz4.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beauty! I've got a '90 Exciter that I bought brand new. The only trouble I've ever had with it was a sticky choke cable, easy fix. I like shiny things!

Shark

Well, the sled is almost done now. Windshield will be cut lower. Otherwise it´s pretty much there.

Ski´s are made from ´96 XT´s ski´s. Bottom of the ski´s are taken off, frame of the ski´s drilled with over 50 holes to cut weight. And new 10 inch wide ski skins are replacing the old steel bottom. Those should help with the flotation.

Samueljackson also added a homemade mountainstrap.

Engine top was rebuild, fresh pistons, rings and top bearings. Just incase ( long storage time ). Head was cut to ´93 SX specs. Also new SX gasgets are in use now.

Pics:

video : View My Video

Ike

Last edited:
And here`s last pic. Ike made windshield "little" smaller and mountain strap is now shorter.

I wonder what my next project is......?

-sami-

345c19w.jpg

New Öhlins front shocks!

Exciter was jumping all over trail with its orginal 17 year old shocks so I`ll had to find somekind solution. Our dear neibourgh nation swedish make something good and that is Öhlins shocks

Finally I`ve got package from finnish Öhlins dealer. These are their last new pair for TSS suspension. And price wasnt too bad just 150 euros/pair with springs.

Skid will have öhlins piggypack front shock and wp rear shock. I´ll post my thoughts after test run.

-sami-

2cxj6m9.jpg

Those are worth all the €€ . Just today got a brochure from one of our aftermarketpart dealers. They still list Engans TSS shocks to the V4.

Ike

Last edited:
Front shocks are installed and skid with öhlins front and WP rear shock is ready too. I havent rode it yet, wonder how it feels:flagge_fi

-sami-

2i9hy08.jpg

Back