Simm's Lock grassdrags

the Wolfman

anybody in here familiar with the "Simm's Lock"
(near St:Kitts) grass event in coming up soon?
I'll be there and if anybody is close and wants to attend.. contact me and I'll clue you in to what the event is all about
and anybody that knows and is going..tethers ARE mandatory this year ALL CLASSES...

Wolfman pm me details, I am in the Niagara Region and have a machine I have been running a bit this year in cosdra. Thanks

hi guys yes this is the event at Beida's bombardier dealership ill check on the date for you all

it would be nice to meet some of you guys

later
gerry

beidas event

this event is not in operation any more due to insurance costs
sorry
for the other post before

praying for a long winter but they sat elninio again this year

later

Josh - Are you going to be at the COSDRA race in Frankenmuth this weekend? The weather forecast is calling for rain all weekend, so it may or may not happen.
Shark

The Simms Lock Grass event is in Caladonia..on the banks of the Grand River...Nov 4th this year... 8th annual...tethers mandatory..no open pipes(close neighbours).This is a pic of the staging / start area as we were preping the clay launch pads last week..it gets tilled up ..leveled and rolled down hard.The car in the distance is the 500 ft point..then shut down and the return lane to the left takes you to the cooling station at the rivers edge and back to the pit/start area. If anybody wants directions e-mail me and I'll send a map/details...see ya there..

Attachments

• simms.jpg
    simms.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Wolfman,

Do you have any update on the race?

Vmax535

the Wolfman said:
The Simms Lock Grass event is in Caladonia..on the banks of the Grand River...Nov 4th this year... 8th annual...tethers mandatory..no open pipes(close neighbours).This is a pic of the staging / start area as we were preping the clay launch pads last week..it gets tilled up ..leveled and rolled down hard.The car in the distance is the 500 ft point..then shut down and the return lane to the left takes you to the cooling station at the rivers edge and back to the pit/start area. If anybody wants directions e-mail me and I'll send a map/details...see ya there..

can someone post the address for mapquest? It looks like there will be 4-5 members there, most running sleds!!

Good Luck to Jabber800 :rockon:

Hope you have a great day for racing. From what I seen yesturday your set up on that V-Max4 should kick some serious ass.

Hope to hear some updates from you all this weekend and of course photos of the grass drags.

Have fun guys...

:smiley-12

Reg Never got finished!! Ran into a couple very simple problems but could not get set up in time to make the run to Hamilton. Hope Josh and Dan made a good showing for us. Any ideas as to where I can test run this thing tomorrow?
Later Dan J.

Yeah what happend??

Hope it's not bad results due to not seeing anything posted?

Not even any photos of the days event was it cancelled?

first race 535 by 1\2 to 3\4 of a length, second race with some clutching adjustments jminor by 3 lengths. No time for a 3rd 535 wanted to race the wolfman instead. Both of us beat the wolfman fairly easily. Having said that he was geared for 2500 ft. which hardly makes it fair for him, proper gearing and he would have been in the mix easily.

And a good time was had by all

Hey all... I guess you all know that Fast Freddy's was "soaked out".. but the show had to go on so we all went back to Simm's and had a shoot out day there. Only 16 sleds but a good day of fun. I was thought Josh and Dan might have put 2 and 2 together and showed up , but it was not to be lol.
Both sleds geared for 500 this time..was way more fun this time..
here's a pic of Josh and Dan's ringer leaving @ Simms...both their sleds were working well that week end and drove all over me.. but we shall meet again heheh..
PS..first ice event is planned for Dec 23.. or Jan 6th on Paint Lake
(we were out on it before Christmas last year)..
if anybody wants to come let me know..Drags, Drinks and Bar-BQ are involved..:rockon:

Attachments

• JMinor vs DanMg.jpg
    JMinor vs DanMg.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 93

Back