Somebody out East better swipe this 97......

Man, my heart just SANK when i read this...that`s complete bullshit man!!!

I feel for ya rust...I know how that is..I`ve had a line on something, talked to a guy, had it all set up, then got screwed at the last minute...i really hate it when people do this kind of shit!!!!

hopefully you`ll find another...

sorry rust...

AL

al, I think you're more upset than I was. I'll find something in the flavour of 800. I appreciate your concern, i was quite pissed when the guy didn't ever get back to me. I just dont really understand what happened, maybe he sold it locally for more? Maybe he was gonna try to screw me over the money somehow? The best part of this is now I can keep looking, the hunt continues!

Hey Rustman - If it's the same one I think it is, I believe you were fortunate to have things turn out the way they did. I called a few months back on it. For one, the guy told me that it was painted by the previous owner. Also told me a few other things that I can't recall right now, but sounded real fishy. I think it was a scam waiting to happen.

Hey Rustman,
I live in VT, and if it is the same 97 I looked at it had been wrecked, thats why there were no decals on the hood. I can't open the CL post at the beggining because it has expired, but i know i was disapointed when i saw it....
Good luck with the hunt!! there are still lots of them out there!
I bought a new one every year they made one but 97, now i'm buying them all over again... would have been smarter not to sell them to begin with.. something about hind-site and 20-20 vision comes to mind....

thanks, that makes me feel somewhat better. It is listed again, wel it was the other day anyways. Perhaps the guy who had it for sale really didnt want me to drive 7 hours and waste my time, at least thats what Id like to think. Did you buy the real nice '95 that was in Mass? The same guy had a '95 and a '97 for sale. Zachalyse picked up the '97, sweet score too I should add. I was gonna make the trip, about 18 hours there and back but my passport had expired and I was waiting for the renewal. By the time it arrived I had already made a deal on an srx700. I wonder what it is about vmax-4's that when you buy one you just have to buy more. I wouldnt be too surprised if I ended up with one of every year. I have my eyes on a local '97 if the guy ever decides to part with it. Maybe next year.

That would have been something special if you could have had the foresight to save all those maxes, I have seen a pic somewhere of all 6 production years lined up. Thats my goal. Now if someone had all years of the short track and all years of the longtrack vmax-4, that would be awesome.

-Rustman

http://burlington.craigslist.org/rvs/2097691535.html

here is what he emailed me -

Very clean. Some professional paint work on the tunnel areas near footwells. Where your feet are. Not wrecked. Great compression. Had it completely gone thru @ Yamaha dealer this spring. Sound awesome. Seat perfect. Not a collectable, but a fine runner. Turns a lot of heads.

Last edited:
It has been for sale for a long time now. Think that kind of says it all. Decent price and still for sale??hmm?? I spoke with the guy back several months ago. Said it had been painted and doesn't know why. I asked him for photos and some other details and he never got back to me. Something fishy here.

I could open the most recently posted craiglist add, that is not the same one i looked at last year.
I went and took a look at it, it has had a rough life, cowel is patched back together and been painted, looks like it was loaded in a truck backwards and the wind ripped it off... Tunnel has a small tweek in it at the bracket location, and it takes 10 or so pulls to start it. But once it is running it goes, stops and jhandles great... I would say it is a 7 out of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.. Good compresion, track and suspension all look good, 1 ski has been fixed.. I made him an offer in the low teens and it is now in
my shop..
Not sure if I am going to fix it up or part it out......... will post pics later today.....

what is the serial #, 8BU would love to have that info I'm sure. Low-teens eh! I was gonna give him the full asking price, well maybe not after I had seen it. Oh well, maybe next time for me. I would love some parts off it but then again so would alot of people! I say fix it and run it, although you did just buy that '92. Decisions, decisions.

-Rustman

Hey, if you do part it out I would be interested in the jackshaft, secondary clutch, chaincase and parts to upgrade my 92! I'm in mass so might be able to pick it up!

Attached are a few pics of the 97. after a good look over i think it is jst cosmetics that are bad.... so i am going to keep it together.
My appologize to anyone that was looking forward to perts....
So if anyone has a hood, side panels and/or a 97 decal kit I would be interested in talking to you... Skis too....
I adjusted the choke and it starts on 1 or 2 pulls everytime now.
Sure wish i had kept the 92,93,94 and 95 i had bought brand new, but it is what it is.....
I got side tracked from putting the RX-1 suspension in my 95 vmax over the weekend, but hope to do it this week.
Need to get it done before i start grooming or i wont have time... COME ON SNOW!!!
Great site you have here and I'm proud to be part of it!!
I made a donation to it the other day....
Thank you and Merry Christmas everyone!!
Marc

Attachments

• IMG_1741[1].jpg
    IMG_1741[1].jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1745[1].jpg
    IMG_1745[1].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1735[1].jpg
    IMG_1735[1].jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1738[1].jpg
    IMG_1738[1].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1739[1].jpg
    IMG_1739[1].jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1736[1].jpg
    IMG_1736[1].jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 58
Parts, not perts... my appologize to anyone who was hoping to get PARTS!! LOL
Dam these phat fingers and small keys...... :)

Marc

Back