Spacers for secondary Clutch???

ranger690

Hello,
I was wondering is there supposed to be large washers(spacers) in front of the secondary when you put it on? I Just put a standard clutch set back on my 750 and There were 3 spacers in front of the secondary. It had a comet 108exp as the primary and then a stock secondary with the red helix. It wouldnt go above 50 with that setup so I switched back over. Now it has a full yamaha stock primary and secondary The secondary has the pink and white spring. It goes a little faster 70 but it still isnt right. Would the belt not riding properly cause it to be this slow.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hey ranger, there are spacers behind and in front of the secondary. The rear spacers (washers) set the offset from the primary clutch, and the spacers on the front side set the final clearance of the secondary. Check out the service manual for the numbers and how to measure the offset and the clearance. I believe a belt riding too low in the secondary would be like starting out a car in second gear, it will be very slow out of the hole. Belt should ride flush or a little above the secondary sheave. This is also adjustable with spacers (not the same ones) or if the belt is worn, replace it.
HOpe this helps...

Back