spark on one side.

rustman

Getting spark on one side only, swapped coils, CDI, and stator. Problem stays the same, I am assuming chewed wires or rub throughs. Any ideas? Sled is a '95.

Last edited:

Has to be an open on the orange or grey wire from the cdi. Check for a connector backed out in a plug at the harness where the cdi plugs into.

I got it, unbelievable that i overlooked it but I found it. Spark plug boots werent even hooked solid to the coil wires. I did check every other connection after you mentioned it Tuchodi, thanks!

cool, glad ya got er figured out...i was gonna suggest pulling the handle bar pad, and starting to look for mice chewings..LOL

EDIT:..just to add...if you got enough lengh, and they ain`t been cut back yet, ya might wanna go ahead and cut about 1/8in off the wires before threading the spark plug boots back on, so the threaded spike in the cap, atleast gets threaded into some nice, fresh and clean wire..

Last edited:
cool, glad ya got er figured out...i was gonna suggest pulling the handle bar pad, and starting to look for mice chewings..LOL

EDIT:..just to add...if you got enough lengh, and they ain`t been cut back yet, ya might wanna go ahead and cut about 1/8in off the wires before threading the spark plug boots back on, so the threaded spike in the cap, atleast gets threaded into some nice, fresh and clean wire..

I did get them on one side, I should be careful to remember to freshen up the remaining side. It's funny because I swapped out coils(wires and all), well only the one bad side and still had no fire, I figure I must have swapped in a bad coil?

yeah that`s odd..whats the chances??
it does`nt seam like two sets of coils, would have loose caps...weird?

Back