srx 700 and vmax-4 in deepish snow

rustman

Had my two sleds out today in a field of virgin snow, srx got stuck, I did circles around it on my vmax-4. I never realized how good these things can be in the deep.

That nice flat bellypan and the TSS is a pretty good clean deep snow design if you could take a ton or so off the front end.

I'm amazed, I'm really thinking of extending one out to 144 or so and really enjoying the deep stuff!

you're both being sarcastic right? Last time I got mine stuck i think i would have had better luck digging out a Sherman.

no i'm really serious, this sled is awesome in snow..better than i would have ever imagined!

I guess I have nothing to compare it to other than a 73 SL or my frineds AC. Buy the way, anyone got a piston set for a 338 laying around!

If you do extend it put in the anti rachet drives.

I guess I have nothing to compare it to other than a 73 SL or my frineds AC. Buy the way, anyone got a piston set for a 338 laying around!

If you do extend it put in the anti rachet drives.

I got your 338.

Out of a 77 Exciter. Complete with ignition and wiring harness.

Fresh. Never been run. $300

opsled

Attachments

• EX338 rebuild 001.jpg
    EX338 rebuild 001.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 130
  • EX338 rebuild 005.jpg
    EX338 rebuild 005.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 128
  • EX338 rebuild 008.jpg
    EX338 rebuild 008.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 129
Nice. The motor would be worth six times more than I paid for the whole sled, including registration! Nope just need a piston set. Found a couple on ebay.

I'm amazed, I'm really thinking of extending one out to 144 or so and really enjoying the deep stuff!

I have a 136" with 1,5" track and it´s amazing how it goes on deep snow. I also put newer skis on it and handlebars are raised, so it handles pretty good too.

rust man..I`m with ya....I still remember the first time i took mine out after a real good size storm, where had had pretty deep drifts etc..was kinda nervous about getting stuck, but by the time i had rode for a while, I concluded it`ll go through just about anything...LOL
I had went out to this little hill by one of my lil`ride area`s, and looked at it, thinking if i dare try to make it up and back down it, i better hammer it good....so that`s what i did the firt time..the seconed time, i all but came to a complete stop half way up it, then nailed it, and walk`ed er the rest of the way no problem..I too was VERY surprized they can handle it like that can..

yeah, my 750 will stay with my 98 easily and beat it. Im not saying this is the case all the time and for all years srx but on the river my 750 will win handily. Tried both from a standstill and pulled away on the 750, tried a 40mph rolling start and I got on the throttle late but I still caught and passed the srx pretty quick. Funny thing is I had the needle at about 180km/hr on my 750 and the srx was reading 120mph which equates to 193 or so km/hr and the 750 was going faster. Crazy speedometers! One thing I can guarantee is that the vmaxes are way tougher, I've rolled mine, put it upside down, hit a tree(long story), had it stuck a few times, and no damage. So far this year on the srx I've had a pull-through on a power-valve, bent a trailing arm, broke both ski loops, a ski, pull cord crapped out(had to start the damn thing on the river with my hands by spinning the clutch), and finally the handlebars broke off at the stem the other day.

Last edited:

Back