StageII PSI

CaptJager

PSI_Mod_Blasters_PG1.jpg

PSI_Mod_Blasters_PG2.jpg

PSI_Mod_Blasters_PG3.jpg

PSI_Mod_Blasters_PG4.jpg

PSI_Mod_Blasters_PG5.jpg

Last edited:

Captjager, i see PSi is listing 2 types of quad pipes for the 800 Stage 1 MPD QUAD, and Stage 11 MOD QUAD, do these pipes have visible differences? the's a guy on the site who has a set of psi quads, but he said they dont have intergral stingers? im pretty sure the trail version has integral stingers as this is what I remember having abt 10 yrs ago and worked well with stock 800 motor..

PSI's made two quads pipes for the 800. TRAIL BLASTERS AND '' MOD '' MAXX BLASTERS. The Trail Blasters had internal Stingers and the Mod Blasters did not and were much louder.

If you're planning on putting PSI's on your sled and trail riding in Michigan, you might want to review the Michigan noise law that was put in effect several years back. The PSI's probably won't pass the test. I rode mine with PSI's for fifteen years, passed every type of law enforcement you could think of, and never got stopped. Not so sure if I would get away with it anymore.

Shark

If you're planning on putting PSI's on your sled and trail riding in Michigan, you might want to review the Michigan noise law that was put in effect several years back. The PSI's probably won't pass the test. I rode mine with PSI's for fifteen years, passed every type of law enforcement you could think of, and never got stopped. Not so sure if I would get away with it anymore.

Shark

The Mod blasters are noticable louder then the Trail Blasters but I'm pretty sure neither set will not pass the current noise level. . I normally ride during the week and stay off the trails on the weekend and I never run into the Sheriff actually checking. TheMI law states, "78 decibels of sound pressure at 50 feet as measured by the 1974 SAEJ-192a" is the max, and I'm pretty sure the fine can be between $100-250.

Can someone explain to me why stock pipe jetting is 143.8 and psi pipes jetting is 132 for the 800? AND
Stock 750 jetting is 135 and psi pipes jetting is 137.5.My question is why is the 800 jetted leaner with psi pipes and a 750 jetted richer with psi pipes??

Last edited:
I guess I would have to first find someone who has sound tested a set of trail psi quad's on a 800 to see if there passable, i dont need any tickets that's for sure anybody ever had a sound test done from 50ft with a decible reader??

I heard of some stock sleds being close to not passing. I would be shock'd if a Vmax 4 w/ a set of any quads would pass!

Nothing against Harley riders but I am confident most if not ALL of them would not pass this test...stupid law..why do they pick on snowmobilers as we run in the winter when most everyone's window are closed. They should raise the maximum noise allowed on the trail to reflect what's acceptable on the roads. My windows rattle when a bike with loud exhaust goes by all summer long and nobody seems to care about that...and my house isnt that close to the road.

If there was a noise problem, it should be enforced all year long vs just on the trails/in the winter/when everybody's windows are closed and most people are inside....sorry for the rant but I've always thought that the noise law is a bit overboard. I understand that a few must have abused the trails late at night near houses so now we all pay for it...once again Harley example is OK though

When you are out in the middle of nowhere (U.P. of Michigan) you should be able to be loud as hell or Harley..IMO:3devil-sm

:agree::agree::agree:

I've been saying the same thing for many years. I live about 60ft. from a long straightaway on a Michigan highway and the loud bikes go past all Summer long. I don't have anything against bikers either, but when it's 90 degrees out and I'm sleeping with the windows open and a bike with pipes goes tearing past at 3a.m. and wakes everybody up all along the road, that seems pretty inconsiderate. Same with the crotch rockets that scream past my house 150mph, even in the middle of the day. When I worked nights I would be out in the barn in the middle of the night and sometimes I could hear them for 5 minutes after they had passed my house.

I love the sound of my sled when I'm idling about 20mph and it's crackling away, but when you're going down the side of a highway or across a gas station parking lot, it makes a lot of noise bouncing off the pavement. I understand why that would annoy a lot of people.

TZR750 - check out the sound tag I got on my sled when I bought it. It's in the tech section. I doubt that it would pass with a stock exhaust. And Carl is right, I've heard of some bone stock sleds that don't pass the test. Plus they made the test retroactive to sleds made back to 1977. A lot of those stock sleds probably wouldn't pass, either.

Shark

Thanks for the updates guy's much appreciated i think i will still have to get a set, i doubt The twin silencers i have in place of the heavy stock muffler would pass either even with fresh packing

Thanks for the updates guy's much appreciated i think i will still have to get a set, i doubt The twin silencers i have in place of the heavy stock muffler would pass either even with fresh packing

TZR...I see you are a fellow MI rider. We need to keep each other (& everyone else riding here) in the loop on where we see the DNR/cops doing these decibel checks. I do not do a ton of riding but a ticket for having a cool sounding sled would suck..

All Season rider, i would agree, do you know where there's any snow yet?? LOL here goes my obsession waiting !!for the sno. i will report when I see a DNR or anybody for that matter doing sound tests via mobile on the spot!!
good idea.
All season rider does that mean you ride the max in the summer?? I seen someone put wheels on the struts not sure how but they did, That would be cool to make a 3 wheeled vmax like one of those can am set-up's or those kits there selling for the ifs front suspensions,

All Season rider, i would agree, do you know where there's any snow yet?? LOL here goes my obsession waiting !!for the sno. i will report when I see a DNR or anybody for that matter doing sound tests via mobile on the spot!!
good idea.
All season rider does that mean you ride the max in the summer?? I seen someone put wheels on the struts not sure how but they did, That would be cool to make a 3 wheeled vmax like one of those can am set-up's or those kits there selling for the ifs front suspensions,

The only Vmax4 running I have done in the summerso is shots across the yard after cleaning the carbs! I did see an RX-1 with the wheel kit last year...it looked kind of wierd though. Some day I may put wheeled skiis on the white one and see what it does in the 1/4 mile...maybe

Using SAE J2567 test parameters, the PSI quads with internal stingers are just over 86 dbA. Wisconsin law is 88. We've tested them. The silencer packing must be in good shape.

Using SAE J2567 test parameters, the PSI quads with internal stingers are just over 86 dbA. Wisconsin law is 88. We've tested them. The silencer packing must be in good shape.

Great info right there, thanks for posting - maybe move it to the Tech section?

Great info and we will move to Tech. When I looked the the MI law I thought I saw it was lowered to 78 decibels a few years back? I was also ready about Harley's and they are at around 100 decibels.

Great info and we will move to Tech. When I looked the the MI law I thought I saw it was lowered to 78 decibels a few years back? I was also ready about Harley's and they are at around 100 decibels.

100 DBs...OMG!! Now that's super loud...Agreed, super info on the rating Big Bore!

Back