suspension upgrade

If it is a pro-action. then there is a post in tech pages on the subjekt.
I put a sc-10 3 under mine last year. once underway it wasn't that hard. Lots of messaurement is needed, but it is worth the time.

2012-02-20_15-33-52_130.jpg2012-02-20_15-38-52_368.jpg2012-02-20_15-37-26_640.jpg

Wow this is an old post of mine! lol. What started out as a suspension upgrade ended up being a complete stip down and build up. If you want new sled performance and reliability, I guess you gotta build a new sled!!! May as well blueprint the chassis and what not at the same time. So finally found the upgrade I've been looking for. Going to be installing a Pro X rear skid with 13.9" travel. Pre measurements look ideal in ways. Shouldn't be too bad. Need to make 1/2 spacers due to tunnel difference. Just have some questions regarding suspension swaps in general. Has anyone found pre-fab rear drop brackets to use. i know they require positioning and maybe some hole drilling, shimming, and grinding. Just lookin for something maybe more 'ready' if that's a good word than some standard angle iron that I would want to put in a gusset. Looks like I will need to relocate the forward mounting hole higher in tunnel and figure out track clearance to heat exchangers and pitch angle to front drive for less friction. Loose the upper idler wheel shaft used in standard skid since this one has idlers built into front mount. I'm thinkin at this point due to the amount of extra travel that I will end up with more pressure on front of slider rails than stock. I guess it'll be a trade off along with more weight transfer to skis. Feel free to throw me suggestions, maybe some one installed a skid with a very similiar design.

Back