tall cover

rustman

Well I finally got a tall clutch cover, woohoo! I also picked up a hauck black spring, gonna try it with stock 89a-10 weights. I'm thinking maybe I'll need heavier weights but I'll find out before too long. I also managed to find a NOS clutch update kit for my rear clutch, it has 6 rivets that came with it...must be for extra arm weight I'm assuming. Anyways I'm pretty excited to see if I can coax a little more performance out of the old girl! I got the clutch rebuild kit from ebay, foolishly labelled as a motorcycle part!

-Rustman

:flagge_ka

I got the clutch rebuild kit from ebay, foolishly labelled as a motorcycle part!

-Rustman

I've had several good deals from Ebay for that very reason. You would think some of these guys would do their homework and list them in the correct catagory and correct discription so they could make a maximum amount from their item.:2dontknow Oh well, our gain is their loss. Tom

cool..

Hey before you put that tall cover on, can you post a couple various pictures/angles of it??
Thanks..

AL P

it's already on, but i'll do my best with a few pictures. One thing i will mention though is that in the stock form, that cover, an 8df, will not fit on my clutch. There are little guide tabs, I'm assuming, that I had to doctor to get a flush mating between the tall cover and the existing clutch. Its nothing a grinder couldnt fix, a hand file may have been a little more civilized tool for the job but the grinder was faster and plugged in already.

-Rustman

Last edited:
did the cover have an "X" on it? (it would be on the back side of the cover) anyway, if so, did you line that X up with the X on the clutch?? (line up the two X`es)

yeah i tried it every way, the tabs in question were just in the way. i'll get some pics when I can sneak out to the shed. I plan to pull my 500 suspension and give it a going over tonight, so I should have ample oppurtunity to get a few shots.

-Rustman

Well I finally got a tall clutch cover, woohoo! I also picked up a hauck black spring, gonna try it with stock 89a-10 weights. I'm thinking maybe I'll need heavier weights but I'll find out before too long. I also managed to find a NOS clutch update kit for my rear clutch, it has 6 rivets that came with it...must be for extra arm weight I'm assuming. Anyways I'm pretty excited to see if I can coax a little more performance out of the old girl! I got the clutch rebuild kit from ebay, foolishly labelled as a motorcycle part!

-Rustman

I love my 8bu's in my 92

whats up guys mines a 93 and i think i saw an 88bo stamped on my primary. i wanted to run yammiegods stock pipe set up so should i be looking for a 8df or a 8bu cover ? any help would be great thanks.

Last edited:
8df will work for ya and easier to find too. I used tall springs with a short cover just to find out what would happen and it worked out fine for me. People have mentioned binding issues, never happened to me. It is hard to get the tall spring under that short cover though.

nice bud thanks for the info i didnt even know that the taller spring would be an issue i thought the cover swap was for other reasons im just a simpleton. i called my sled shed and they allways say the same thing, ya gotta come down. its an hour away and always crowded full of guys just like us, in a hurry to get home and start fixing whats broken. thanks rust ill get back at ya let ya know how i made out.

Back