Technical Ques. on 99 srx 700

robtan88

Hi guys and gals. Haven,t been on the site much lately and I appologize for that. I just stumbled over a chance to buy a 99 srx 700 what I think is very cheap. Sled is in average to rough condition, with 5500km on the clock. Has 120psi across all cylinders except it has lost its spark. Any ideas of the culprit , cdi maybe? were they a good sled, bad sled,? Any ideas of the cost of a cdi if this is the problem, or should I just stay clear of a pottential ulser. Thanks in advance for insight and oppinions...Rob.

ROB, I BOUGHT A 99 BRAND NEW. IT WAS A GOOD SLED, BUT 2000-01-02 WAY FASTER. YOUR SPARK PROBLEN IS NOT CDI. WHAT YOU HAVE IS A BAD STATOR. SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO REPLACE. I WOULD GRAB IT IF YA CAN BUY IT RIGHT. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Thanks for the heads up Tony. I didn,t buy it as the seller enlightened me a little more about the sled. Turns out he got it from a guy who owned him some money and couldn,t pay him the cash. but instead gave him the sled.( WITHOUT AN OWNERSHIP). Seller took the sled and listed it locally for $750. He also claimed he knew nothing about the sled or history when I asked him how do you know it isn,t stolen? as a red light went on when he told me this. My luck would be when I go into my local Yamaha dealer for some parts and they ask for the serial number on the engine or something. So I stayed clear of this one. But some sucker must have bought it as I see the add has been pulled. So be careful guys when buying stuff.....Rob.

Back