Tim Benders 4 Cylinder

4 cyl

A familiar sound????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gotta luv it!!
Be nice to hear that sled on a dyno pull

i was fortunate to watch bender and the vmax4 up to valcourt. man that sled was super impressive! and a handful! by the end of the race tim looked drained he was so far out front he could just cruise and when appolson started to get within 100 ft or so tim would put some distance between em. it was awesome!

Must have been wild! I went to the ice races like 5 years ago, and a guy had another 92 that was going to run 1000' and he had nitrous on his sled with alot of pics and a choped front and all kinds of decals. From some of the sound clips ive heard, he must have had something for pipes on it. Sounded absoulutly wild. He lined up to go, and hit the throttle. The sled reved way up really quick and the clutch started to grab and you could see the sled start to hunch up and go when the revs went really high and then just stopped. Like someone pulled the kill switch only VERY quick. The engine came to a COMPLETE STOP like instantly. Im not even sure if the sled moved. Talking to him after the race he said it sounded like the crank had broke/snapped and probably had toasted the whole motor. My dad and I were so bummed we didnt see him run. He said he was running over 130 in 1000', and judging by the sound of it and doing a mental bench race, i have no doubt he was. The thing reved just like the bender sled did. Its unreal. Never saw the guy come out to the races again, and we looked for him every year, but nothing. Hope he didnt get bummed out and quit tottaly!

Back