Tiny oring on pilot screw assembly

Ted

Vmax-4 Collector
All of the little rubber orings on the pilot screw assembly were missing from my 800 carbs?! Where can I get these? Are they necessary?
I believe most people call it the air screw, the manual calls it the pilot screw assembly.
It is the one you count the turns on. These were set 1 revolution out.
Also, what is the function of the air screw and what does backing it out more turns do?

x2 sometimes they end up embedded in the carb body, I dont think running without them is a good idea as they seal the passageway, missing one will also effect the tune when you count your turns out from seated. lt will affect your tune, you will notice i dropped one once and didn't notice. lt was a pig to hunt down that culprit!

Last edited:
Orings r definitely not there. This is third rack I've cleaned this month. I spent an hour looking on the floor for the oring on the first carb then have up. But after cleaning the other 3 they were all missing.

Are the tiny steel washers missing as well? I know sometimes when you remove the fuel screw,only the fuel screw and spring come out and the tiny steel washer and o-ring get hung up inside.Are you positively sure when you look into hole that it is the bottom of the hole that you see and not the steel washer??

Yep. They are missing. Sled seemed to run fine without them. But that is just on a stand not real conditions.

Back